Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fly Cutting Tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 07:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fly Cutting Tool

Anyone know where to get one or rent one? Also the guys that had to flycut did you cut for both valves or just the intake? Thanks for any responses!

Joe
Old 06-04-2003, 08:10 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Fly Cutting Tool

Isky sells the piston notching tool. I believe the part numbers are PNT-158 (1 5/8") for the exhaust and PNT-216 (2 1/16") for the intake. I'm not sure if they rent them still. Their phone number is (323)770-0930.

Good luck,
Richard
Old 06-04-2003, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

...there was a bunch of thread on this topic a few weeks ago...

I think the consensus was that you should use the cutting tool with a head whose valve seats have been removed...

Call Thunder Racing since I remember they had a special machined head you could rent aqnd use with the Isky flycutting tool.

the guy at Dimond pistons said it should not impact the motor balance since only a small amount of material is cut...
Old 06-04-2003, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

We have one in stock.

Nate
Old 06-04-2003, 05:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did it without taking the seats out.For my 2.02 valve we used a 2.08 cutter.Fairly easy to do.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anybody done this with the motor in that car?
Old 06-05-2003, 07:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think the consensus was that you should use the cutting tool with a head whose valve seats have been removed...

Call Thunder Racing since I remember they had a special machined head you could rent aqnd use with the Isky flycutting tool.

the guy at Dimond pistons said it should not impact the motor balance since only a small amount of material is cut...
Thunder does not have the specal head with the seats cut out it's TEA that has it. BTW i read through those threads and it din't seem to answer any of my questions. As you see you were even wrong who has the head that is machined to accept the cutter.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes
Old 06-05-2003, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes
Details please...I had a couple of pistons where it looked like the valves kissed them (although the valves are not bent) and I wanted to cut a little bit to drop my compression and add in a little margin of safety.

Scott
Old 06-05-2003, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Thunder does not have the specal head with the seats cut out it's TEA that has it. BTW i read through those threads and it din't seem to answer any of my questions. As you see you were even wrong who has the head that is machined to accept the cutter.
As you see you were even wrong who has the head that is machined to accept the cutter.

[/quote]
WTF- It seems to me you are asking a question.You might get better response(s) by showing a little more restraint/respect??
joel(Bink)
Old 06-05-2003, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

As you see you were even wrong who has the head that is machined to accept the cutter.

WTF- It seems to me you are asking a question.You might get better response(s) by showing a little more restraint/respect??
joel(Bink)

[/quote]

Well lets see. Thanks for the advice. Restraint? Respect? How about the misinformation he gave? Why make a post that misleads people? I felt like a jackass when calling thunder cause he said they had such a tool.

Thanks to all that replied. I have got on the waiting list for the cutter and head at TEA