Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solid roller guys and heavy HYD. guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Solid roller guys and heavy HYD. guys

What lifters and springs are you using for your solid setups?

What is the best double sprign to run for a hydraulc cam withotu lifter collapsing?
Old 06-09-2003, 11:07 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,174 Likes on 763 Posts

Default Re: Solid roller guys and heavy HYD. guys

I am running a hydraulic setup that will be buzzed to 7200, maybe 7400.

I am running:
-FMS blower cam fast ramps but not as aggressive as XE-R stuff
-FMS/Crane springs, 1.85 installed height, 145 seat
-Yella Terra 1.7 rockers
-Comp R lifters

It's all set up for .010 lifter preload otherwise the lifters will not take the rpms.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running the G5X2, and while it is certainly not the beefiest hydraulic roller out there in terms of specs, I erred on the side of caution with the valvetrain; I'm running Schubeck lifters, the latest gee-whiz Jesel Mohawk rockers, and REV 1116's (as installed by the fine folks at LGM).

I'm not sure about the Comp R lifters like PSJ is running, but the Schubecks are designed to have a maximum of .010-.012 of total lash in them... Joe (Schubeck) recommends running them with ~.001-.002 of positive lash, but mine are set up a bit wider than that (for now). Hopefully (crossing fingers), there is enough hydraulic action in them to take care of thermal expansion, etc..., but there is no way (barring a catastrophic failure of the lifter) that the lifter would collapse any more than .010 under ANY kind of spring load.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:31 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,174 Likes on 763 Posts

The Schubeck lifters have less plunger travel and are not allowed in certain racing classes since they would be classified as almost solid I was told. I would have maybe gotten some if I had known more about them. How much were they?
Old 06-09-2003, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PSJ- Since I didn't build the car for any kind of class racing, I didn't pay attention to any guidelines, rules, etc... when selecting any of the parts on the car.

In any event, I paid ~$400 for them direct from Schubeck (http://www.schubeckracing.com/rollerhydraulica.html). As far as any details on them, I couldn't find anything on the Schubeck site so I just called 'em up one day and talked to Joe for ~30 minutes or so. At this point, I can't really comment on how well they work, as the car isn't really completely together at this point... certainly not together enough to take it out and beat on it.

Once the exhaust gets built and it gets fully tuned/adjusted, I'll let everyone know how it goes.