Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pushrod length for 58cc Trick Flow 215's?

Old 10-15-2007, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pushrod length for 58cc Trick Flow 215's?

With morel lifters too.

Anyone know or have personal experience with this?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just use a pushrod length checker...Every set-up will differ slightly even with the same parts...

Kev
Old 10-15-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

TFS heads come with 7.500" pushrods. They also have a stock CC volume of 63-64ccs. Call whoever you bought em from to see how much they were milled, and take that off the length of the pushrods, and you're good to go.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

They sent 7.5" pushrods with my heads. The problem is I am receiving the heads tomorrow and installing them tomorrow so I can tune tomorrow night and race on Wednesday, which is the last day of the season. If we find out tomorrow that they are too long then I am screwed and will have to wait until next Spring to race. I doubt my local shop has 7.4" pushrods just lying around.

Hopefully the 7.5" are the right length. Otherwise it is going to be a very long winter for me.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry, its going to be a long winter. The Morel's are taller and require a shorter pushrod. They also require 0.030" - 0.050" preload, further shortening the pushrods. You "could" end up at 7.400" though so if you have an adjustable then measure and confirm. You don't want to run too much preload as they might hold the valves open and you could damage your new heads. I found I needed about 0.100" shorter pushrods but I can't stress enough to measure.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Sorry, its going to be a long winter. The Morel's are taller and require a shorter pushrod. They also require 0.030" - 0.050" preload, further shortening the pushrods. You "could" end up at 7.400" though so if you have an adjustable then measure and confirm. You don't want to run too much preload as they might hold the valves open and you could damage your new heads. I found I needed about 0.100" shorter pushrods but I can't stress enough to measure.
What he said.^
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Does this info come with the Morel lifters? Do you know if Morel has a Tech line? Do they print an instruction sheet? I do not sell those lifters but the information I received from one of their dealers was they have the same cup height as stock and are a drop in!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@TEA
Does this info come with the Morel lifters? Do you know if Morel has a Tech line? Do they print an instruction sheet? I do not sell those lifters but the information I received from one of their dealers was they have the same cup height as stock and are a drop in!
Mike,

I read they were taller when I bought mine. Once received, I did some measuring and they are taller so they are not drop in with the same pushrod. What might save the original poster is his shorter pushrods might end up at 7.400" due to the Morel length and less preload required, but he needs to measure and confirm.

Morel doesn't have a tech line (although I did speak with Rick Morel on some other questions). Chris Straub may be able to answer your questions though if you contact him. These are fabulous lifters, but they do require different pushrods.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pushrod length for 58cc Trick Flow 215's?