Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst Heads

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:28 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6Drop
There is a head sticky. The 853's and 241's flow the same. The 243's are better. It really doesnt matter after they are ported anyway. There is nothing wrong with a set of ported 241 or 853 heads done correctly. There are a lot of good ported LS1 castings being used on many cars that make great power.
Well.. the deck is thicker on a 243 casting, so if you're FI or NO2 they are a bit better.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
Well.. the deck is thicker on a 243 casting, so if you're FI or NO2 they are a bit better.
Since when? Thats news to me.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
Seb this aint your buddies car man...Why lie. Its your OWN car you are asking about!

Doesn't matter who's car it is. What is the point of your post

If you don't have something constructive to say.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

I think the Vindicator cam in Pinkenstein peaked at 6600, fell off big at 6800. Did 42xrwhp with T400 trans.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:26 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I think the Vindicator cam in Pinkenstein peaked at 6600, fell off big at 6800. Did 42xrwhp with T400 trans.
John do you have your Dyno Graph from that car & can you tell me what you where making at 5500 RPMS?

If you can post it or just send me a pm or just say what it made at 5500 RPMS. VERY CURIOUS
Old 10-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
Since when? Thats news to me.
I'm going off a GMHTP comparison of numerous LSx heads.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SEBLS1
Doesn't matter who's car it is. What is the point of your post

If you don't have something constructive to say.
Tell the whole story so people know what the reasoning behind the switch was.

Your Trick Flows had some material chipped away in between the valves. So they advised not to run the heads and put you into a set of Pecos ported LS6 heads. Unfortunately you nor the shop know much about different styles of cylinder head porting and the port job on that head is not meant to be run with your setup. So in the end you have these heads on the car, the car doesnt make the power you nor the shop expected so they are pulling them back off and putting the Trick Flows on as they were given the ok to install them. If the setup is flattening out at 5500 theres no reason to risk any kind of damage on a fresh setup so they cut the pull at 5500 and parked the car til they get the TFS heads on the car. They arent happy with the car as a shop so you wont be getting the car in any hurry until its all squared away. Thats customer service from good people that do great things.

My suggestion to you since you obviously have ran your mouth off without telling the complete story would be to delete the thread completely like it never happened and have a little patience and understanding.

<---Someone in the know
Old 10-19-2007, 05:24 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Tell the whole story so people know what the reasoning behind the switch was.

Your Trick Flows had some material chipped away in between the valves. So they advised not to run the heads and put you into a set of Pecos ported LS6 heads. Unfortunately you nor the shop know much about different styles of cylinder head porting and the port job on that head is not meant to be run with your setup. So in the end you have these heads on the car, the car doesnt make the power you nor the shop expected so they are pulling them back off and putting the Trick Flows on as they were given the ok to install them. If the setup is flattening out at 5500 theres no reason to risk any kind of damage on a fresh setup so they cut the pull at 5500 and parked the car til they get the TFS heads on the car. They arent happy with the car as a shop so you wont be getting the car in any hurry until its all squared away. Thats customer service from good people that do great things.

My suggestion to you since you obviously have ran your mouth off without telling the complete story would be to delete the thread completely like it never happened and have a little patience and understanding.

<---Someone in the know

Sorry but where in this thread do I mention anything about a shop or my car for that matter. I think you have to much time on your hands. Either way if it is my car or it is not my car.

The point to this thread was are 243 heads that bad of a HEAD? Where you percieved I was talking bad about a shop or anyone is your imagination running wild. I would suggest that you mind your own buisness & stop worring about other people's buisness.

I will not delete the thread & I would like to get back to the subject at hand.

Also just to note. I spoke to the person that designed the Vinticator cam & his graph shows 371 RWHP at 5500 RPMS I CAN POST A GRAPH IF YOU LIKE. I think the first set of heads would have been fine. I have never heard of a Port Job making or breaking a combo to my knowledge. Instead the shop is getting paid to swap over the heads that should have been put on the car in the first place. I commend the shop for looking out for my best interest. But in the end the customer is out the money for the head swap. I just want the car to perform to its maxium potential & call it a day & a expensive lesson learned.

Seb

Last edited by SEB; 10-19-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

chinese ones?
you cant go any worse than paying a fair bit of coin on aftermarket untouched heads
that will make the car not run faster at the track than factory equipped jobs.
in a nutshell i trust gm products they have some mouthwatering castings
regardless all of them worthy even the 5.3 with 1.89 inlets if one
is willing to exploit air speed ve.

Last edited by oz304; 10-19-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Banned

I have never heard of a Port Job making or breaking a combo to my knowledge.

Seb
Thats because you my friend are the internet reader who likes to take other peoples opinions that dont build any kind of motor or much less have an engine program going there way. You have the SLIGHTEST ******* clue of what it takes to make a car run what it should.

A well done up set of LS6 castings will OUTPERFORM the TFS stuff out of the box. Unfortunately the guy you contacted about doing them for you was willing to prove it, and you weasled out by listening to the internet. Now look where you are at. You could have been done a few weeks earlier and with less money out of pocket. Thats exactly what you get for being the dumbass we all know you are.

PS

Had your body rocked lately in any fights?
Old 10-20-2007, 09:18 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Thats because you my friend are the internet reader who likes to take other peoples opinions that dont build any kind of motor or much less have an engine program going there way. You have the SLIGHTEST ******* clue of what it takes to make a car run what it should.

A well done up set of LS6 castings will OUTPERFORM the TFS stuff out of the box. Unfortunately the guy you contacted about doing them for you was willing to prove it, and you weasled out by listening to the internet. Now look where you are at. You could have been done a few weeks earlier and with less money out of pocket. Thats exactly what you get for being the dumbass we all know you are.

PS

Had your body rocked lately in any fights?
Last I checked from my learning. I HAD PORTED 243's on my car. I BELIEVE THOSE ARE LS6 HEADS. For someone that knows so much about me. Maybe you can explain why the QUOTE un QUOTE Did the GOOD SET of PORTED LS6 Heads not work on my car. I WANT TO HEAR THIS MR KNOW IT ALL.

Point blank the setup is a proven setup.

TFS 215 Heads
Vinticator Cam
FAST90/90
All supporting mods will net me as good if not better then LS6 Heads. The 1/4 mile times of plenty of fellow LS1 brothers who have that combo speak for themselfs. I am sure my Internet *** can find plenty of times from my combo proven by other LS1 Brothers. GO BLOW SMOKE UP SOMEONE ELSE'S ***

Also difference between you & I, Im not afraid to speak my mind to your face. BODY ROCKED, See that is one thing you don't know about me. I enjoy a good punch & giving one back. I WOULD DO IT AGAIN.

SEB ain't afraid to take a asswhoopin or give one. You sir are the one hiding behind the internet. If you know me so well. You might curve your mouth. Cause don't think I won't blast off upside your head & swell your ******* mouth SHUT. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Your right I AM STUPID!

Last edited by SEB; 10-20-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

what a lame *** thread... i can't believe i even read through the whole thing.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 10-20-2007, 11:51 AM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

SEB,

let me get this straight, you had a set of 243's originally ported by LME and then they "went through another porter" so now they look "hogged out".

Then you get it dyno'd with no tune and turn only 5500RPM?

Who was this "other porter"? 243 heads are capable of serious power, there is a shop here in Houston that made about 780hp to the wheels with a 427 and ported 243's. If the heads were ported properly, and not just "hogged" out by some idiot with a grinder, then the problem is not in the heads. Get it tuned, turn the RPM the cam was designed for, then come back if you have any problems.

Just so you know, yes a tune can make a difference and a big **** YES, heads can make or break a combo.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) A4 cars are not dyno heros

2) with heads, as with cams, bigger is not necessarily better. Describing them as "hogged out" doesn't sound like a good case for a well ported head.

3) big heads and big cams don't come into their own until they near the peak. The cam you're using will probably turn a well setup 346ci engine to 7200+ rpm, so an A4 number on a cam that does not peak with the rpm range the intake does means very little.

4) TUNE!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:31 PM
KCS

...Im not afraid to speak my mind...

...You sir are the one hiding behind the internet.
Wait, didn't you just try to tell everyone this was your buddy's car instead of your own?
Old 10-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned

Last I checked from my learning. I HAD PORTED 243's on my car. I BELIEVE THOSE ARE LS6 HEADS. For someone that knows so much about me. Maybe you can explain why the QUOTE un QUOTE Did the GOOD SET of PORTED LS6 Heads not work on my car. I WANT TO HEAR THIS MR KNOW IT ALL.

Point blank the setup is a proven setup.

TFS 215 Heads
Vinticator Cam
FAST90/90
All supporting mods will net me as good if not better then LS6 Heads. The 1/4 mile times of plenty of fellow LS1 brothers who have that combo speak for themselfs. I am sure my Internet *** can find plenty of times from my combo proven by other LS1 Brothers. GO BLOW SMOKE UP SOMEONE ELSE'S ***

Also difference between you & I, Im not afraid to speak my mind to your face. BODY ROCKED, See that is one thing you don't know about me. I enjoy a good punch & giving one back. I WOULD DO IT AGAIN.

SEB ain't afraid to take a asswhoopin or give one. You sir are the one hiding behind the internet. If you know me so well. You might curve your mouth. Cause don't think I won't blast off upside your head & swell your ******* mouth SHUT. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Your right I AM STUPID!
There is an art to porting cylinder heads for NA application and for forced induction. If you cant make that out, just continue reading the internet and you will be the smartest mother ****** alive! Do you think I care if you know who I am. NO! I will laugh now and in your face. if you are dumb enough to base your combo off of other peoples ****, you deserve what you get. I can tell you now and again, everything you read in a magazine is not the whole truth or sometimes even remotely close to actual specs, so PEOPLE can not duplicate the setups exactly and then post on the internet about how they have the same badass combo as the next Joe but that **** DONT PERFORM THE SAME. Keep talking and ill keep clowning. Wake up into reality and you will soon learn.

I have yet to see anything respectable to me with any TFS setups besides some inflated dyno numbers and less then stellar track times. Prove em, chicken legs!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KCS
Wait, didn't you just try to tell everyone this was your buddy's car instead of your own?
ROTFLMAO you hit the nail on the head. The dude is soo full of **** and lies that he got caught up in them. Do this a couple of times.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KCS
SEB,

let me get this straight, you had a set of 243's originally ported by LME and then they "went through another porter" so now they look "hogged out".

Then you get it dyno'd with no tune and turn only 5500RPM?

Who was this "other porter"? 243 heads are capable of serious power, there is a shop here in Houston that made about 780hp to the wheels with a 427 and ported 243's. If the heads were ported properly, and not just "hogged" out by some idiot with a grinder, then the problem is not in the heads. Get it tuned, turn the RPM the cam was designed for, then come back if you have any problems.

Just so you know, yes a tune can make a difference and a big **** YES, heads can make or break a combo.
YOu nor I have large post counts. We speak lies I tell you! All lies!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:44 PM
KCS

YOu nor I have large post counts. We speak lies I tell you! All lies!
Haha, yeah. It's the quiet ones you need to look out for right?