Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me pick a cam & make a parts list

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Yea i really want a street tune. Who can do this for me and do a good job?
when your car gets tune they do 2 things........a wide open throttle tune on a dyno across the whole rpm range, then they do a street tune where they drive the car around the street, kinda like to test it in a real world enviornment (start,stop,idling, etc.) nick and rick can do both of these things.....u can try a guy off nor cal that comes to your house with a laptop, a few people have tried this
Old 12-17-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
when your car gets tune they do 2 things........a wide open throttle tune on a dyno across the whole rpm range, then they do a street tune where they drive the car around the street, kinda like to test it in a real world enviornment (start,stop,idling, etc.) nick and rick can do both of these things.....u can try a guy off nor cal that comes to your house with a laptop, a few people have tried this
Whats his username?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Whats his username?
lol which one.....? I think ARAM is one of them
Old 12-17-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Veteran

lol which one.....? I think ARAM is one of them
Ok i'll go on there and check into it. I would really like to have the tune spot on! I live to far from the tuner to keep going back. I would like it to be right the first time
Old 12-18-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

we need to rename this thread "Pat G custom cam guys"
Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Veteran

we need to rename this thread "Pat G custom cam guys"
yea that should be the title. I never thought my thread would be this long. Im glad there is so much info in here
Old 12-18-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought this thread had finally died. But since it hasn't....... I was beating on the car last night and I haven't really beat on it much since the cam but Damn that thing is fast. I know it could be faster but its no punk. For a cam only motor its unbelievably impressive. Its starts pulling about 3k and never stops. I'm supposed to have me some runs lined up for this weekend so it should give me an idea of how fast it really is. Maybe it just feels fast but its got me convinced. I didn't do a before and after dyno but I wouldn't be surprised if I gained over 60 whp.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

don't forget to take your video camera to the races!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I thought this thread had finally died. But since it hasn't....... I was beating on the car last night and I haven't really beat on it much since the cam but Damn that thing is fast. I know it could be faster but its no punk. For a cam only motor its unbelievably impressive. Its starts pulling about 3k and never stops. I'm supposed to have me some runs lined up for this weekend so it should give me an idea of how fast it really is. Maybe it just feels fast but its got me convinced. I didn't do a before and after dyno but I wouldn't be surprised if I gained over 60 whp.
Im sure its pulls way harder. bring the camera!
What kind of cars are u trying to run?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

what cam do you have again? Good luck on the races
Old 12-18-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
what cam do you have again? Good luck on the races
Who??
Old 12-18-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Hey guys.

I have my cam and pushrods but the patriot gold springs are on back order. They have been since i ordered the cam package. I emailed TR today and they said the springs should be in next week and then they'll ship them.

I am also waiting for a member to ship the ls6 intake manifold that a bought this weekend. This going to be a great x-mas!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're damn right... all this talk makes me want to change out my cam this winter Get the cam installed asap will ya?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lastcall190
You're damn right... all this talk makes me want to change out my cam this winter Get the cam installed asap will ya?
I wish i could get it installed right away but i can't. I have to install the ls6 intake. Then pay someone to do the cam install so that means i have to wait until i have the money for the install and tune. I still need to buy the ported ls6 oil pump and ls2 timing chain.

Then there is the clutch issue. I need to buy a clutch that can handle the cam and spray. I might just put the cam in and then baby the car until i get a new clutch because i want to put it in!
Then i need to buy some drag radials.

So this is going to cost a lot to do it all at once
Old 12-18-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I keep forgetting about the install and tune issue. Personally, I'd just put the cam in now on your stock clutch and enjoy it. Try and use willpower to NOT spray the car on top of it till you get a new clutch (good luck ).
Old 12-18-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lastcall190
I keep forgetting about the install and tune issue. Personally, I'd just put the cam in now on your stock clutch and enjoy it. Try and use willpower to NOT spray the car on top of it till you get a new clutch (good luck ).
I think thats what i am going to do. I will most likely put the cam in and get a tune then get a new clutch so i can spray
Old 12-18-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im sure its pulls way harder. bring the camera!
What kind of cars are u trying to run?
A 360 whp STI (blackbird 39) A 438 whp GTO (yellowsierra) Hopefully but probably not Roush 427 Stang (427 at the motor) and a Tubocharged 06 Stang (Brian06eleanor) which I think is going to kill all of us but I guess we'll see. He thinks its going to be a good run.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rocksws6
A 360 whp STI (blackbird 39) A 438 whp GTO (yellowsierra) Hopefully but probably not Roush 427 Stang (427 at the motor) and a Tubocharged 06 Stang (Brian06eleanor) which I think is going to kill all of us but I guess we'll see. He thinks its going to be a good run.
I seen you guys talking about it in the street racing section. I think you will ege out the sti and GTO but i think brian06eleanor will beat all of you pretty good. Post the vids!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Staging Lane

Hey guys.

I have my cam and pushrods but the patriot gold springs are on back order. They have been since i ordered the cam package. I emailed TR today and they said the springs should be in next week and then they'll ship them.

I am also waiting for a member to ship the ls6 intake manifold that a bought this weekend. This going to be a great x-mas!
I'm waiting on the same thing from TR. Except the push rods are on back order too. The guy was cool though and said if they don't come in at the same time as the springs then he'll just ship some comp push rods with the order for the same price.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then there is the clutch issue. I need to buy a clutch that can handle the cam and spray. I might just put the cam in and then baby the car until i get a new clutch because i want to put it in!
Then i need to buy some drag radials.

So this is going to cost a lot to do it all at once
This is the shitty part about modding! i was talking with my friend yesterday and was like.. i put all this money into the motor, and now i just realized, im going to have to put just the same amount of money into suspension just to hook... its a never ending cycle, and a huge money pit

but its worth it