Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRC 5.3L Stg 2.5 and a MS3

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by donalr76
Crazylane you don't know anything with your slow car. I am an automotive machinist I build engines for a living with Uncle Sam.
I would have to say the man should know what he's doing. Every time I've seen donalr76 at work, he's been working on cylinder heads.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

Crazylane you don't know anything with your slow car. I am an automotive machinist I build engines for a living with Uncle Sam.
Okay you got me there. My car is slow!!!!

Why did you treat your car like ****? When you first got everything in it?

I mean you ran the car to 6900 RPMs with out a tune, Not even heatcycling the heads/springs. And even though the car was making noises you said **** it, and went for it.

I hope you get it figured out. I don't want to see anybody having to go through this. But you blamed everyone else, and not even consider what you did to it...

Oh and by the way, I work for Uncle Sam as well. As a CNC Programmer/Operator.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least his car runs

btw, you did flycut for that combo right? You know.. since you're an automotive machinist and all, you should know the smaller CC of the 5.3's with larger valves and the MS3 will cause PTV issues..
Old 12-02-2007, 04:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
At least his car runs

btw, you did flycut for that combo right? You know.. since you're an automotive machinist and all, you should know the smaller CC of the 5.3's with larger valves and the MS3 will cause PTV issues..

LOLOLOLOL Damn, I was gonna say something about him being a machinest. LOL I deff want THAT guy putting my motor together. lol deff not.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

You dorks my heads were 62cc and the pistons didn't hit the valves. I wasn't the one driving when I got the car back together. My friend that did the tuninig was driving right after we got it back together. I baby the car. I have charged to the game I know catastrophic stuff can happen it is the name of the game. I will keep my stuff in house from now on from tuning to machining. So I will know who to blame for sure when something goes wrong.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Were the dorks??? Dude did you even check for PTV? Answer the question, I know its been asked like 5 times, in both threads, so did you? And you said you pulled a tune off of someone esles car, and richened it up some. What the **** are you talking about?

And now its your friend that was driving it right after you installed everything, and he was the one who brought it up to 6900rpms. Something sounds fishing here. Cause in the first post you pretty much said you did it... I think you need to get your facts strait, and stop trying to blame someone else, and having them foot the bill....
Old 12-02-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't the one driving when I got the car back together. My friend that did the tuninig was driving right after we got it back together. I baby the car.
Over the last couple of days me and a few friends installed my heads and cam. When I cranked the car it made a lot of noise at first but it had good oil pressure. So I said f**# it, I have more cuts on my hands than I can count. So I drove it around the block. The loud valvetrain noise finally stopped so I ran it up to 6900 no problem. Whew it looks like its all good, but it keeps SES the Mass air, TPS, and IAC. What's up with that? I am supposed to be going to RPM Friday to get it tuned.
I'm not gonna sit here and call you a "dork" or "idiot" or "moron", or doubt your engine building skills. But I really think you need to step back and rethink/retell this story. You are obviously not telling the whole truth cause you don't even remember if it was you or your buddy driving. Like said before....you need to crack open that engine and take a look at what happened before blaming a tuner on what could of been a mechanical failure. And like what was already mention....I'm betting on a broken vavle spring that dropped a valve.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Well I dunno what happened to your motor Donald but I've seen plenty of motors on a engine dyno and I know you ran yours longer than they do before some 6900rpm pulls. It may have been a bad part or something. She'll live again soon enough then maybe some of these SUPER FAST advisers can come get they're own shot at it.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Ok I guess Ill step in here and try to straighten any misleading info out. Crazy lane, you are a idiot. The heads were 62cc and at 62cc with the MS3 you DONT HAVE TO FLYCUT!!! Ive done 7 cam installs and havent had a problem till now. I think i know what Im doing. We DID heat cycle the springs several times before we took the car outta the shop. Im no idiot I know what to do. It did have loud valvetrain noise(dual springs) initially but it quieted down to nothing after driving it around the block. I put an initial tune in it to get it to start and made sure everything was very safe. I made sure everything was good before we ever went WOT with it. Again this is not my first rodeo nor will it be my last. I just know that before it went to RPM it didnt have any problems at all, other than I needed to iron out the drivability a little bit.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Sent ya a PM D.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrianC98Z28
Ok I guess Ill step in here and try to straighten any misleading info out. Crazy lane, you are a idiot. The heads were 62cc and at 62cc with the MS3 you DONT HAVE TO FLYCUT!!! Ive done 7 cam installs and havent had a problem till now. I think i know what Im doing. We DID heat cycle the springs several times before we took the car outta the shop. Im no idiot I know what to do. It did have loud valvetrain noise(dual springs) initially but it quieted down to nothing after driving it around the block. I put an initial tune in it to get it to start and made sure everything was very safe. I made sure everything was good before we ever went WOT with it. Again this is not my first rodeo nor will it be my last. I just know that before it went to RPM it didnt have any problems at all, other than I needed to iron out the drivability a little bit.
I never once said that it needed to be fly cut. But every car is different. Thats why I asked if you checked it. And no one said anything about heat cycling the engine until now. So are you trying to cover up for him or something.. Go back and re-read my posts there IDIOT!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by crazylane
I never once said that it needed to be fly cut. But every car is different. Thats why I asked if you checked it. Go back and re-read my posts there IDIOT!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:21 PM
10 Second Club

yes it was heat cycled several times before we even took it outta the shop
Old 12-02-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rpmotorsports07
And just to clarify, I said the heads were a get what you pay for type of deal. I am on great terms with TSP and will not have anyone trying to ruin that between us. I said if you were looking to get 440-450 you were going to need a higher end head. I have never seen a set of those heads make 440-450 on any car at MY shop. Not saying it cant be done, but I have not seen it here. What are the CCs of the heads by the way? Does TSP request flycutting for this combo? There are many variables in why it could have dropped a valve, but I assure you that it was not from a tune.
My car has made this kind of power repeatedly with this same setup. No flycutting, no doctoring. Run of the mill budget set up putting down 470 rwhp. AFR and TFS are great, but incredibly expensive. Why use that head for 2200 when you can use a 5.3 for 1199? PRC heads are def not trash.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04OUTLAW
Well I dunno what happened to your motor Donald but I've seen plenty of motors on a engine dyno and I know you ran yours longer than they do before some 6900rpm pulls. It may have been a bad part or something. She'll live again soon enough then maybe some of these SUPER FAST advisers can come get they're own shot at it.
I'm sorry but if you think a Heads/Cam LS1 is SUPER FAST, then well.. lol @ you.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

This thread has really gone off the deep end
-Joel
Old 12-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Well D you could always just let Crazylane put your new setup together. He's obviously over qualified he has a K&N and a LID on his car. He sounds smart to me.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

^^^Your probibly right, I probiby could do a better job... Thanks for the Compliment..
Old 12-02-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Damn...this is gettin good.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:05 PM
11 Second Club

Lol.. Hey whats up Frat. How is the Vinson treating you?