Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRC 5.3L Stg 2.5 and a MS3

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suppose all is well over there. I transfered 1 October to ATG.

Since there is obviously no technical value to this thread.....

How is Washington treating you?

Originally Posted by crazylane
Lol.. Hey whats up Frat. How is the Vinson treating you?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fratsit
I suppose all is well over there. I transfered 1 October to ATG.

Since there is obviously no technical value to this thread.....

How is Washington treating you?
Really??? At least you left at a good time. I hear they are starting to get pretty buisy. My buddy EN2 Willink will be leaving on Jan 1. He is going to Ingleside Texas.

Washington is treating me decent. I am the GSPO For VQ-2, As a second class. Got put in for Sailor of the year, Been doing a lot of hunting, and collecting parts for the car. So so far it has been great...

How much longer before you retire?
Old 12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like you are doing well for yourself. Thats great.

I am eligible in 2009, however, since we just bought this house, I may stay and do 24... or 26 if I can make DCCS.

I went to San Antonio this past October, drove to Houston and toured S.A.M. I have pretty much decided that is where I am gonna go to school after I retire.

R/

Frat

Really??? At least you left at a good time. I hear they are starting to get pretty buisy. My buddy EN2 Willink will be leaving on Jan 1. He is going to Ingleside Texas.

Washington is treating me decent. I am the GSPO For VQ-2, As a second class. Got put in for Sailor of the year, Been doing a lot of hunting, and collecting parts for the car. So so far it has been great...

How much longer before you retire?
Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Teching In

^^^Your probibly right, I probiby could do a better job... Thanks for the Compliment..
You PROBABLY should go back to elementry and retake spelling.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 04OUTLAW
You PROBABLY should go back to elementry and retake spelling.

Your right, I probibly should. I'm not fresh out of high school like you are. So sometimes I miss spell things. Sorry.

But the last time I checked, we really was not talking about my spelling. So why are you so worried about it?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Your right, I probibly should. I'm not fresh out of high school like you are. So sometimes I miss spell things. Sorry.

But the last time I checked, we really was not talking about my spelling. So why are you so worried about it?
I truely appologize for pointing out your stupidity. I just didn't think it would be very wise to take advise from someone who can't even spell. I've been racing since I was 18 and that was in 1995 smart guy.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

I truely appologize for pointing out your stupidity. I just didn't think it would be very wise to take advise from someone who can't even spell. I've been racing since I was 18 and that was in 1995 smart guy.
Wow if you are that old, and still act like a punk kid, who is an internet tuff guy. That is impressive. How have you made it this long?

I think it is time to grow up and finally act your age...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Donalr76: When you ordered your heads, did you order the cam at the same time? If not, did you tell the salesman what size cam you were running? Reason being, that if you didn't have the heads setup for that cam, then you COULD have a possible PTV issue if you didn't degree the cam in. Clearances are tight without the heads being setup specifically for the MS3. I don't think the power issue was in the heads/cam. This setup consistenly makes great power no matter who's dyno it is on. I have seen the PRC's make the same power if not more than most of the "big named" heads on the market when put with the MS3. You do get what you pay for. But at the end of the day, I'll take the same power and still have a grand in my pocket!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree with Jon above.You just cannot bolt parts together without checking the clearances!!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Wow if you are that old, and still act like a punk kid, who is an internet tuff guy. That is impressive. How have you made it this long?

I think it is time to grow up and finally act your age...
All I have to say is you shouldn't talk crap about something that you know nothing about. Searching these forums and posting don't make you certified to do anything. You need experience so go clean your K&N and snap your lid back on HOT ROD.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

All I have to say is you shouldn't talk crap about something that you know nothing about. Searching these forums and posting don't make you certified to do anything. You need experience so go clean your K&N and snap your lid back on HOT ROD.
Well really I wasn't talking crap, He should have checked everything before he put it all to gether, and thought it was good to go. So it sounds like I am not the one needing experience!!!!

And whos to say I don't have any? Cause my car has nothing internally done to it? That automatically means I have no knowledge on the situation at hand?

Dude stop reaching, Just give it up allready...
Old 12-03-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

ah, this is great. cobras are slow.....
Old 12-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KBOBOZ71
ah, this is great. cobras are slow.....
haha you must a internet racer too lol..... You just get that tranny back
Old 12-03-2007, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

This is it I would like all of you Dallas haters who need RPM to change your plugs and oil sit down and shut up a minute. The car that I own and drove to RPM on 11/30/07 was in immaculate mechanical condition. As you can see from my sig. I have a number of mods and they have all been installed in house by me and my certified ls1technicians (BrianC98Z28, Slow98Z, KBOBO, and the list goes on. More than a few of us are mechanics and I happen to be an automotive machinist myself. So we aren't messed up about the motor blowing.
I will tell you this if you look at the tune that has been posted by BrianCZ28, you cannot tell that my car did not run lean and burn a hole through my number two piston. The car is tore down and all the top sides of the heads are intact. The number two bore is the one that has exploded. NO MECHANICAL faults just poor decision making and an even poorer tune.

I would like to say thanks to Jon at Texas Speed for great customer service and helping me rectify a grimm sitiuation.

And for all you guys who have more money than "sense" just keep on going to RPM and more power to you. Brian you should take responsebility for your shop and the personnel you have within. Our cars just weren't the focus of the day. It was our pleasure to give you $800 to play with you guys twin turbo Z06. Come to TEXARKANA and you fellas can find out how we get down. Peace out and **** off.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

I am not trying to be a dick, or say you are lying, but can you put up some pics of it. I would like to see it, And I am sure some others would as well.

Lane
Old 12-03-2007, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
Donalr76: When you ordered your heads, did you order the cam at the same time? If not, did you tell the salesman what size cam you were running? Reason being, that if you didn't have the heads setup for that cam, then you COULD have a possible PTV issue if you didn't degree the cam in. Clearances are tight without the heads being setup specifically for the MS3. I don't think the power issue was in the heads/cam. This setup consistenly makes great power no matter who's dyno it is on. I have seen the PRC's make the same power if not more than most of the "big named" heads on the market when put with the MS3. You do get what you pay for. But at the end of the day, I'll take the same power and still have a grand in my pocket!
Damn Straight!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

as for my sig, it wasnt completely untuned, it just didnt idle for **** at that time, but WOT was good. if yall want to keep going to rpm then go ahead but yall must have not ever been anywhere that knows what the hell they are doing otherwise yall would see that RPM doesnt do worth a damn.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

And Im glad to see that TSP is atleast shedding some light on a bad situation, which is alot more than anyone can say for RPM.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Look man everyone is irritated because of how you went about everything. You were flamed for saying how loud your Valve train was on start up, and the fact that you were worried about that. That is very normal, but then you stating how you revved the fresh valve train to 6900 was just not smart for the point you were trying to make. Due to the fact about how you handled this situation you came off looking very ignorant about what you are talking about and a complete ***. Tear it down see what is going on then list the issues rationally.

Thomas

I tried to explain time and time again that we didnt just sit there and rev it on initial startup to 6900. I just simply raised the rev limiter to that. Everything was heat cycled in the way it should and there was no problem prior to the visit.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donalr76
Come to TEXARKANA and you fellas can find out how we get down. Peace out and **** off.
You aren't "getting down" with any serious street racers when you're driving an M6 and a stock rear end.. sorry.