Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Fuel Rail....any gain?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Fuel Rail....any gain?

Hey guys, I was just curious.....aftermarket fuel rails, would they help any performance at all? I know they would up to a certain point as to how much power you are putting out, but lets talk about my setup.

99 LS1/M6, Comp 224, Pacesetter LT's with true dual exhaust, and a custom tune......other than that.....bone stock.

Would an aftermarket fuel rail help at all?

Thanks for any help,

Joe

Last edited by kokamo; 12-01-2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: correcting spelling
Old 12-01-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope.

Larger fuel rails are like larger injectors, they won't give you power unless your starving for fuel. I have a heads/cam/dry N2O setup, and I don't even have fueling issues with the stock rails.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kokamo
Hey guys, I was just curious.....aftermarket fuel rails, would they help any performance at all? I know they would up to a certain point as to how much power you are putting out, but lets talk about my setup.

99 LS1/M6, Comp 224, Pacesetter LT's with true dual exhaust, and a custom tune......other than that.....bone stock.

Would an aftermarket fuel rail help at all?

Thanks for any help,

Joe
Hey Kokamo... what's your RWHP/RWTQ numbers with that setup? and how do you like that cam?
Old 12-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian....thank you. Just what I wanted to hear. I didn't really want to spend any money if I didn't need to. THANKS!

Wes......to be honest, I don't know. At this very second I am in the middle of performing a swap with this LS1 into my 69 Camaro. When I bought the 99' Z-28, it was totaled from hitting a horse. It sounded really good, but I couldent drive it from too much glass everywhere. The guy told me it ran really good, but it didn't have a tune as of yet. Again, like I said, I havent put it on a dyno, but as soon as I get it dropped in there, I will for sure take it to the nearest dyno shop.

If you were wanting a sound clip, here is one of it still in the car about 10 minutes before it was pulled........

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=100_2581.flv

Like I said before...it wasent tuned, so thats why it was adleing that way. just when it smoothed out, I had my foot on the throttle just a tad bit to try and keep it from surging.

BTW....do you happen to know what kinda power this thing should be putting down?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 12-01-2007, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

If that's all the mods, probably around 350-360rwhp. A buddy of mine has a 228 cam only m6 car with a lid, headers, true duals, and makes 367rwhp. He is still on the stock TB, stock LS1 intake, no UD pulley.