Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacum and weatherpack schmatics

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vacum and weatherpack schmatics

I know there's not that many lines when you compare the LS1 to a late 70's Caddy, but just for certainty, are there any good schematics for the vacum lines and routing of all the wiring for an LS1 going back together in an Fbody? I'm mainly worried about the small vacum lines running behind the manifold...I'd hate to have one of those wrong after all this work. I imagine that would screw up a good tune and make the engine run like crap.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the vacuum lines on the back of the manifold are: big hose to brake booster, one little one to the air pump that should be thrown in the trash, and another little one that goes to operate the hvac doors for your ac.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where does the HVAC line connect? I can see the line but I don't see where it hooks up to the HVAC.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SuperC1
Where does the HVAC line connect? I can see the line but I don't see where it hooks up to the HVAC.
I beleive that is the small (1/8") line that attaches to the rear of the mainfold. There is a tee there and one line heads over towards the PCM to another Tee. I'm not postive, but I think that's where the HVAC systems picks up vacuum.