Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comp Cams XE-R Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Comp Cams XE-R Questions

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Onyx LS1:
<strong> Muscrat, you are wrong. I have had cams with XE lobes, XER lobes, and with XER intake lobes and XE exhuast lobes. They are obviously both roller lobes. The XER is just a more aggresive profile. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you run 918 springs with Xer lobes? If so how high would it rev? TIA
Old 02-08-2003, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LS1derfull:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Onyx LS1:
<strong> Muscrat, you are wrong. I have had cams with XE lobes, XER lobes, and with XER intake lobes and XE exhuast lobes. They are obviously both roller lobes. The XER is just a more aggresive profile. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you run 918 springs with Xer lobes? If so how high would it rev? TIA </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">TTT?
Old 02-09-2003, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

www.ragingmotorsports.com has done a few xe-r cams with lift over .591 on 918s and spun them to 7K rpms all day. i would not recommend it as teh optimal combo, but it will work.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not recomend using a 918 spring with over a .580 lift, but it can be done. You would probably be better off with Manley 221423 valve springs. I use Isky dual springs.

Quick Reply: Comp Cams XE-R Questions