Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot or Livernois Stage II LS6

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a 244/242 cam, any vendor will either have to sink their valves (costing you money) or you're gonna have to flycut. Or you'll be closer than the recommended clearance. There's really no way around it. You're running closer than you should as it is. Do it right, or just accept that you'll be doing it wrong. I must've missed it I'm sure, but tell us again: why would you not want to just flycut and get the best of both worlds? That way you get all the benefits of proper compression, plus you have the safety in case you float a valve.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N4cer
With a 244/242 cam, any vendor will either have to sink their valves (costing you money) or you're gonna have to flycut. Or you'll be closer than the recommended clearance. There's really no way around it. You're running closer than you should as it is. Do it right, or just accept that you'll be doing it wrong. I must've missed it I'm sure, but tell us again: why would you not want to just flycut and get the best of both worlds? That way you get all the benefits of proper compression, plus you have the safety in case you float a valve.
The only reason I don't want to flycut is because all the horror stories I have heard. I will test the clearance with clay and use a thicker gasket, if it doesnt work out then I will take apropriate action. I just bought a set of Stage II LS6 heads from Patriot 59cc from a member on the board. Hopefully everything works out.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Horror stories? What horror stories? All you've heard is probably the same BS I heard: you can't spray on them. Oh yeah? I did plenty, and actually have NEVER seen one single post where someone says they had a problem from it. The ringland on a stock piston will go well before the flycut causes problems.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N4cer
Horror stories? What horror stories? All you've heard is probably the same BS I heard: you can't spray on them. Oh yeah? I did plenty, and actually have NEVER seen one single post where someone says they had a problem from it. The ringland on a stock piston will go well before the flycut causes problems.

Well than that is good news for me, how much to flycut?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Patriot or Livernois Stage II LS6