Sponsored by:

is this cam to radical?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Fuel
you're going to run open headers? have fun with that

Amen to that my brother! Say "I" for electric cut outs!
Good luck
Old 01-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chrs1313
ok if it is just a track car that is totally fine...my dad runs open headers with bullets on the ends...make sure you at least have extensions off the headers or it will be harder to tune and most likely you will go through O2s too...also it will be hella loud to drive on the streets

to answer why everyone is telling to go bolt ons first then cam...here is the only reason why...you get a cam and maybe headers, you are going to have to get it tuned most likely $400ish...then you decide to get an ls6 intake, p&p tb, lid, FTRA (definitely a must adds at least 10hp, but that is a different thread), 25% UD pulley, maybe 85mm Maf...so what is the problem well to get the most out of all of these you are going to need another tune...which is another $400...so why pay for two tunes is the way i look at it...

that is why i tried to get every mod i wanted bolt on before i put the cam in and got it tuned...just my take on it...

ok, i'm following you now, so your talking the tuning part of all this. ok, ok we're making more sense now. i dont think i will need a tune every time i do each little mod will I? i mean i could see a tune after an ls6 intake, but for christ sakes a lid, or a tb at the same time? i'm just not that convinced that a throttle body, lid, and a maf makes or breaks the way this motor performs untuned. in that case i guess i should have had it tuned when i went to straight pipe from cat back and put a k&n air filter in. no offense and i totally appreciate all of your feedback just not so convinced.
thank you everyone
Old 01-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mike#9
Not a chance in hell that you would make 370-380 with just boltons. Expect 385-395 for all boltons plus the cam. Anything over that I would ecstatic with. Just my .02
just a guesstimation, ballpark to play with
Old 01-06-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lightemupls1
ok, i'm following you now, so your talking the tuning part of all this. ok, ok we're making more sense now. i dont think i will need a tune every time i do each little mod will I? i mean i could see a tune after an ls6 intake, but for christ sakes a lid, or a tb at the same time? i'm just not that convinced that a throttle body, lid, and a maf makes or breaks the way this motor performs untuned. in that case i guess i should have had it tuned when i went to straight pipe from cat back and put a k&n air filter in. no offense and i totally appreciate all of your feedback just not so convinced.
thank you everyone
i wasnt talking after each part but if you do all of them, ls6 intake, pp tb, ud pulley, lid, ftra, 85mm, might as well get the most out of all of them...either way it will run fine just trying to get you the most hp possible if you are getting a tune anyways...good luck with the cam