Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a good shop to get work done i live in central NJ

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good shop to get work done i live in central NJ

putting alot of time and work into my car but looking to get a few things done and a tune which would be easier to just have a shop do. Whats a good place to go. im living close to Trenton NJ so some thing nearish
Old 02-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigRich954RR
putting alot of time and work into my car but looking to get a few things done and a tune which would be easier to just have a shop do. Whats a good place to go. im living close to Trenton NJ so some thing nearish
try cartek in garwood. i would stay way from TTP in passaic.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Teching In

up to top
Old 02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could also try Harris Speed Works. i've had good luck with them and haven't heard anything bad. they aren't that far from Trenton, maybe half hour away from you.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stealth355tpi
you could also try Harris Speed Works. i've had good luck with them and haven't heard anything bad. they aren't that far from Trenton, maybe half hour away from you.
yeah ive heard they're good but dont use TTP.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Feel Free to check out my shop im not far from NJ and ive built Plenty of HIGH HP Pump gas cars.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Teching In

TTP probably hates you because they suck.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by binlaircus
yeah ive heard they're good but dont use TTP.
Hate to ask why not use TTP? 7 posts.. hmm something sounds fishy...

Now getting back on topic. We are in North Jersey I am sure we can take care of anything you may need. If you want something a bit closer, I would go to Cartek they are around Exit 138 if I am not mistaken I am at 153, so it's a bit more of a ride.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

damn your up there anyone closer to exit 1 (where south jersey starts) thats where im at gonna need a good tune in a few weeks
Old 02-10-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by binlaircus
try cartek in garwood. i would stay way from TTP in passaic.
Maybe you could elaborate? I dont think ive ever seen anything negative about TTP.

All the shops listed are a good choice though.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:08 PM
FormerVendor

We are not a far ride from trenton. We have our own in house dyno and perform our own tuning, we dont subcontract anything out. If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me a pm.

Here is a link to estimates on our pricing.
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/pages.php?pageid=6
Old 02-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Banned

98TA: Any of the eastern tuners are a good pick IMO. If Fran or Mike are closer to you maybe try them. I am definitely in the 1- 1:30 hour range from you, have tons of customers from your area... I can tell you it takes me hour and fifteen minutes to visit my buddies @ ECS in Cream Ridge which is near Trenton. I would definitely be happy to square away a tune for you if you do decide to use my services. Bolt-on tunes are $250 including the dyno time and Full Tunes (For internal engine modified cars) include part throttle tuning and that is $525 w/ dyno time. Once again we do not outsource anything, we do everything including installing headers, building motors, fabricating chassis (NHRA/SFI/Chassis), full custom suspension, and custom alignment/scale corner balancing in house.

My tuning has been featured in last month's issue of GMHTP Magazine (March 2008) with our budget heads/cam package installation on Rick's car. I was also featured in the solely stainless article for the dyno tuning on Chris' 06 Vette w/ ARH Headers. But I suck and hate people

LS1Impulse: You didn't know? It's a wide known fact that we suck, lol. 7 posts later, I'd love to see what he has to say considering that he just posted on January 14th through the 29th asking who I was. So between the 29th and the 7th, he decided that I suck..

Last edited by TTPMatt; 02-10-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
98TA: Any of the eastern tuners are a good pick IMO. If Fran or Mike are closer to you maybe try them. I am definitely in the 1- 1:30 hour range from you, have tons of customers from your area... I can tell you it takes me hour and fifteen minutes to visit my buddies @ ECS in Cream Ridge which is near Trenton. I would definitely be happy to square away a tune for you if you do decide to use my services. Bolt-on tunes are $250 including the dyno time and Full Tunes (For internal engine modified cars) include part throttle tuning and that is $525 w/ dyno time. Once again we do not outsource anything, we do everything including installing headers, building motors, fabricating chassis (NHRA/SFI/Chassis), full custom suspension, and custom alignment/scale corner balancing in house.

My tuning has been featured in last month's issue of GMHTP Magazine (March 2008) with our budget heads/cam package installation on Rick's car. I was also featured in the solely stainless article for the dyno tuning on Chris' 06 Vette w/ ARH Headers. But I suck and hate people

LS1Impulse: You didn't know? It's a wide known fact that we suck, lol. 7 posts later, I'd love to see what he has to say considering that he just posted on January 14th through the 29th asking who I was. So between the 29th and the 7th, he decided that I suck..
if you wanted to hear what he has to say why is he banned. im not goin into it cuz its his story. i guess hes still a bit bitter bout what happened.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Call Mikey at Rapid Motorsports. He does all the tuning himself and doesn't subcontract anything out. Not to mention he's a heck of a nice guy. www.rapidmotorsports.com
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Banned

The new troll name for binlaircus is ls1luver. So I assume your name is Wade, which I don't even remember a customer by that name. So why are you giving us trouble???

FINKLE EINHORN EINHORN FINKLE FINKLE EINHORN... HOW WHY.. FINKLE IS EINHORN, EINHORN IS FINKLE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knYBw2aRTtk

BINLAIRCUS = LS1LUVER

--------------------

here is a quoted post from:

Posted by: binlaircus

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=29

"pics of the sail panels to wade2677@optonline.net please "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Posted by ls1luver:
12/14/2007
100%
Bunch of misc. stuff FS
Posted By ls1luver
Bunch of misc. stuff FS

pics of dark grey sail panels and speaker covers to wade2677@optonline.net
"

UH OH.. And yes this has been passed to the admins.. ENJOY ANOTHER BAN STICK

Last edited by TTPMatt; 02-11-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

I know Matt. He is good guy and makes fast cars.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Banned

Rob I found out further from the customer. It was a Joe Prince abortion car that came to me with no cam sensor signal. Was supposed to be brought back to me for a retune I only charged half. I would have never dealt with that guy but my office manager scheduled him and he had no clue who he was. Oh and the best part, Joe charged him $150 because "i lost my program".. I hate when I leave HPTuners around and magically it gets lost.

I made an offer to hopefully make ls1luver happy in this matter, I feel bad he got hosed.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Banned

Were close to you…give us a call we will be more than happy to set you up.

Julian C Hormilla
(908) 317-4496