Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dyno # with stock heads and custom cam.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 03:02 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: New Dyno # with stock heads and custom cam.

Dude am am not saying that larger cams with good valve events and fast ramp rates wont make more power. My statement is mostly directed to those guys that buy a huge cam and thing they are going to run 11's. The cam has to be matched to the other components in the car. A lot of times you cam get the same or better results using a smaller cam. For example if I intend to leave my 3.42 gears, I dont want a 242/242 duration cam on a 106 lsa. Then there is smog, fuel milage, RPM's which can equal engine life), low and midrange power, etc. Going big and not changing the rest of the components on the car is worse than going small and not changing the other components in the car.
well if you read around you don't need a cam to run 11s NA
Old 07-18-2003, 06:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree to a point with 93 pony, cross section sets peak rpm
of power in a good combination. BowtieMan4life, i knew i would come across as a no it all with my response, but i did not mean to.Cam design is important to maximize area under the curve, and conserve and build maximium cylinder pressure.My reason for posting was explained earlier.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

He said SAE numbers....not NET...I believe he's quoting the "Flywheel" horsepower...cause I'ma have to call BS on stock heads and that lil *** cam making those kinda numbers to the wheels. If you have the dynograph and prove me wrong then I'll have to eat crow...but untill you post the numbers I'm calling BS. Most Stage 2 H/C combo's are getting over 400 easily, but that's with an X1 type of cam and Stage 2 heads, tuning, Etc.

For NO tuning, that 220 cam and NO heads those numbers HAVE to be Flywheel numbers NOT wheel numbers. I mean ****...if we're gonna quote FLywheel numbers my stage 2 GTP's and X1 cam is making in excess of 500hp...
Old 07-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Launching!

He said SAE numbers....not NET...I believe he's quoting the "Flywheel" horsepower...cause I'ma have to call BS on stock heads and that lil *** cam making those kinda numbers to the wheels. If you have the dynograph and prove me wrong then I'll have to eat crow...but untill you post the numbers I'm calling BS. Most Stage 2 H/C combo's are getting over 400 easily, but that's with an X1 type of cam and Stage 2 heads, tuning, Etc.

For NO tuning, that 220 cam and NO heads those numbers HAVE to be Flywheel numbers NOT wheel numbers. I mean ****...if we're gonna quote FLywheel numbers my stage 2 GTP's and X1 cam is making in excess of 500hp...
You need help man, I'm not sure where u get your info, but it's not right. There are several guys in the Dallas-area making 390 to 400rwhp with smaller cams on stock heads. You don't always have to have huge cam to make good numbers, you just need the right combo. Think about it, if his 395rwhp was really a flywheel number, then he'd be making 350 to 360rwhp in a M6 with cam...does that make sense to you?? I sure hope not!
Old 07-18-2003, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

Josey or posey whatever your name is. SAE means the rear wheel numbers were corrected for outside temp, humidity, and altitude. They do this to keep # consistent. Otherwise, guys down in parts of Texas whereits 800 ft below sea level would be putting down 500 RWHP. The # are at the rear wheel. I am going to try and send you the chart. Can anyone tell me how to post this thing on here.
HEy and P.S. I don't give a **** if you believe me. Lets meet somewhere and race. While your stairing at my tail lights pull away from you you can tell me its B.S. If you want the graph let me know. I am going to load it on the Dyno Jet web page as well.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:34 AM
TECH Regular

MTI
Old 07-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Where did you get the 93Pony 220/220 cam?
Old 07-19-2003, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

you have to contact 93pony...he specs them and has comp grind them
Old 07-20-2003, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

I can be reached through E-mail:
sperry5375@earthlink.net