Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERIOUS detonation issues..Anybody who knows their sh!t c'in

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: SERIOUS detonation issues..Anybody who knows their **** c'in

Josh....as long as that car sat....a clogged injector(s) could be the culprit like I was saying earlier today. Worth a look. Where do the 98' injectors max out at power wise anyway?

PS- Mike I don't think you need to say anything about that little comment I made to you, after all the **** talking you've done. Hopefully it didn't hurt your wittle feewings to much though.

PS- MIKE STAY OFF THE DAMN INTERNET....
uhhmmm..... You talkin' to me or Evil btw...."feewings" are for little girls....and boys who like boys.....

Old 07-19-2003, 12:33 AM
I can shift faster than you.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Josh, I agree with what alot of what was said above. First and foremost, I would load the car up with 104 octane. If the car still audibly pings, your car has some major issues. More than likely, it should clear everything up. If it does, I would suggest an LS1 edit session done on the dyno to get the timing dialed in so you can run the car on pump gas without blowing it up. Stock pistons + pump gas + 12.0:1 compression + 28* timing =

http://members.***.net/jason99ta/cracked_piston1.jpg
http://members.***.net/jason99ta/cracked_piston2.jpg

It only took one time driving the car hard for this to happen on pump gas. lol

Old 07-19-2003, 12:58 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike B, I was talking to Mike C. He always seemed to like that little phrase, but now it kicks him in the nuts since he is obviously on here a lot more than me these days

Thanks Jason, I am going to run some 110 in this bitch tomorrow..

josh
Old 07-19-2003, 01:17 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think your in the ~11.2-.3 range as far as ratio. The cranking PSI looks kinda high to me. If the good fuel doesn't do anything, maybe you need to look into trying a more generic type cam grind (<230 with a 112lsa).

Borrow a good friends 98 M6 PCM to try out too. It won't like a stock tune, but it may be enough to eliminate a possibility.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:24 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Josh I would try the race gas as well.. Remember I had some high azz compression.. My 5.3L heads were milled more than anyone I know. My cylinder pressure was still high even after I had the engine redone.. The valvetrain was setup so bad from Flow Technics that I could not hear the pinging over the valvetrain noise at high rpms. The weird part was you never heard any out of the ordinary noise below 6k rpm. No pinging or nothing. I had tried many cams including a 110 lsa cam.. Same results.. If it is REALLY detonation you are getting I would throw 110 octane in there and go ride around.. You would know immediately if you have too much compression.. Its your turn to call me anyway.. I called you yesterday..