Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Knock sensors Plugs & wires = P0200???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Knock sensors Plugs & wires = P0200???

I changed both Knock Sensors and passenger plugs and wires, now i am throwing the P0200 Injector Control Circuit DTC. It sounds like its trying to stay running and like its misfiring but no misfire code has popped up. I checked the injection fuses, all ok there. I'm Using 8.5mm MSD wires and NGK 55 plugs (they are pushed on tight). I ran it long enough in ideal to get it warm and both exhaust manifolds got hot so there is fuel pumping on both sides. 99 Z28 btw.

I am confused, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

P0200-P0208 injector circuit fault is almost always an internal PCM problem with the injector drivers. Just for fun though make sure none of your injector wiring harness has any physical damage, cut or chafed wires, or rodent damage, then ohm check each injector. If no physical damage to injector wiring, and all injectors ohm out okay,then it is PCM time.

And why did you change them on your 99? I thought it was a 98 problem. I am changing mine this weekend! Hopefully my KR goes away!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by E V I L
P0200-P0208 injector circuit fault is almost always an internal PCM problem with the injector drivers. Just for fun though make sure none of your injector wiring harness has any physical damage, cut or chafed wires, or rodent damage, then ohm check each injector. If no physical damage to injector wiring, and all injectors ohm out okay,then it is PCM time.

And why did you change them on your 99? I thought it was a 98 problem. I am changing mine this weekend! Hopefully my KR goes away!
The KS tripped the SES three times in one week. There was no knock or anything it was running fine. So i thought i would change the plugs and wires since they haven't ever been changed at 113,000 miles and the KS sensors to help get rid of the problem. It ran fine before i dove under the hood now its P0200, i hope i didn't damage any injector or injector wiring when i lifted the intake manifold. thanks for the input i will check the ohm on each injector.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Update with pics!

Well i decided to retrace my steps on the knock sensor replacement and this is what i found...
Does anyone know what this sensor is and would it cause the problems i described above?? I guess i broke it lose when i was placing the intake back.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Teching In

To The Top for the night
Old 03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's the oil pressure sensor, I smashed that too.

Be careful with the vacuum hose for the brake booster when you reinstall the manifold. I think that's what got mine.

I also have new MSD 8.5s, NGK TR55s, new knock sensors and also a new knock sensor harness (what the hell, why not?) ready to go in when it warms up a bit. I have some unexplained misfires that I'm looking to get rid of.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

GM oil pressure sensor:
http://www.sdparts.com/product/12562267/SENSORAS.aspx

also known as:
AC-DELCO D1818A
Old 03-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Banned

My '02 Knock sensors went bad from water damage at 44,000. That brake booster line on the intake needs to go around the oil pressure sender, or just hold the back of the intake up and drop it down when it clears.

When I was done and started up it threw all kinds of codes, I forgot to plug the brake booster line into the booster, plugged it in, cleared the codes and it was fine.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Well, I figured out cause of the problem besides the oil sending sensor... a PCV hose had rotted and broke when I took the intake manifold off. I went everywhere looking for the same coupler hose that no one had... except the stealer-ship. Your not allowed to buy just the hose, you have to buy the whole assemble for a mere $99.95!!!! PAHA! So me and a buddy went to Pep Boys and 'fabed' our own PCV coupler hose for $7 bucks!

Thanks for all the help and advise.
~Joel

Quick Reply: New Knock sensors Plugs & wires = P0200???