Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car runs like crap after seafoam... Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008 | 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

Default Car runs like crap after seafoam... Tune?

Car is 99 A4 LT's, OR/Y, Spintech Muffler, 3.73 gears, Torquer V2 cam, Lid and Bellow.

I dynotuned the car after the cam install, and it only made 356rwhp/340rwtq. It seems like everytime I do a mod to the car ti gets slower and slower and just doesnt like it...

Anyways, I seafomed the car the night after the tune, using half a bottle in the vacuum line and sprayed deep creep into the intake, and now the car is running almost as shitty as before I got it tuned... It barely wants to idle now, and surges sometimes, and just doesnt seem right...

Is there anyway the seafoam could affect the tune to the point that it would throw it off and make the car run worse???

Any input would be appreciated and thanks in advance guys.

UPDATE:

I Checked the plugs today and did a compression test. Come to find out, the 4 plugs on the drivers side were barely hand tight, and one wasnt even hand tight...

I checked the compression and everything checked out fine. Every cylinder was at about 162, with one at like 158 and a couple at 165.

However, almost all the plugs were covered in oil, I think this is because I forgot to plug the MAF in after I sprayed the Deep Creep into the TB, so it fouled all the plugs.

Anyways, car runs a little better and smoother, but still burns a lot of oil and I think the tranny is slipping...

Last edited by Sk8runeg; 05-10-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2008 | 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you take the MAF off and spray the Deep Creep into the throttle body or did you spray it through the MAF too? I don't know if it would affect it but it's a thought. You're just supposed to spray it into the TB.

Oh, and what vacuum line did you use? Brake booster?
Old 05-10-2008 | 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Could have fouled a plug or two out... And if you put it in your tank then it could have clogged your fuel filter..

I'd go ahead, change the oil if you haven't yet, check the plugs and give a good one over for little things and then try it..

Worse case scenario is that it could have caused the carbon build up around your rings to go away and is causing blow by or something..
Old 05-10-2008 | 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

did you go out and beat the **** out of it when u did the seafoam? it could be u just need to clear it out and if u did spray into the maf you probly messed it up
Old 05-10-2008 | 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

u prolly have clogged fuel fliter, and or the motor didnt "clear out" as supposed to, fouled plugs and vacuum leak may be present as well
Old 05-10-2008 | 07:44 PM
12 Second Club

UPDATE:

I Checked the plugs today and did a compression test. Come to find out, the 4 plugs on the drivers side were barely hand tight, and one wasnt even hand tight...

I checked the compression and everything checked out fine. Every cylinder was at about 162, with one at like 158 and a couple at 165.

However, almost all the plugs were covered in oil, I think this is because I forgot to plug the MAF in after I sprayed the Deep Creep into the TB, so it fouled all the plugs.

Anyways, car runs a little better and smoother, but still burns a lot of oil and I think the tranny is slipping...

Quick Reply: Car runs like crap after seafoam... Tune?