Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$2000 to spend on engine.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:03 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

There is an order of operations that needs to take place. With a cam you absolutely need a stall and headers, so a stall converter and headers need to before a cam. To run a cam, the supporting mods should be in place first or at the same time. Whether you get the cam right away or not, you should get a tune after the stall and headers.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 07-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
There is an order of operations that needs to take place. With a cam you absolutely need a stall and headers, so a stall converter and headers need to before a cam. To run a cam, the supporting mods should be in place first or at the same time. Whether you get the cam right away or not, you should get a tune after the stall and headers.
I might add that the cam should be picked prior to ordering the stall...
Old 07-25-2008, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

save another 1000 and do it right!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

I would get headers first. If you wana make your money go as far as it can stay on top of the classifieds and some will pop up be4 to long. If you wana save even more money and don’t have emissions in your state don’t bother with a exhaust. Run some pipe back put on a glass pack and dump uhm. Then stall. I wouldn’t buy used on that one. Unless you really trust the seller and it will match your future cam. I always recommend EDGE. I run one and am very happy with it. There about $600. Then save whatever money you have left and get a good set of heads, ( or just have your stock ones worked on. Depending on which cam you go with), new springs, push rods, oil pump, intake depending on what year your car is , slicks and cam.