Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFM-jr
Sent you a PM Carlos
got it, thanks a lot....
Old 01-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Stroking your engine will help it use the 250cc runners but do not help with the valve shrouding. A 383 essentially uses the same size bore with a longer stroke. You want to pick up something that has a bigger bore to use these heads. Like was said before. LS2, LS3, even a 6 litre truck engine. Do you already have the heads? There is no sense in building an engine suit the heads. You need heads to suit your engine. If you have the heads and just have to use them and are on a budget, Get the truck motor. If you are not on a budget, build a 427. Either or anything in between would be killer.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mypoorLS1
Stroking your engine will help it use the 250cc runners but do not help with the valve shrouding. A 383 essentially uses the same size bore with a longer stroke. You want to pick up something that has a bigger bore to use these heads. Like was said before. LS2, LS3, even a 6 litre truck engine. Do you already have the heads? There is no sense in building an engine suit the heads. You need heads to suit your engine. If you have the heads and just have to use them and are on a budget, Get the truck motor. If you are not on a budget, build a 427. Either or anything in between would be killer.
I already have the heads, and the cam and most of the parts I'll need to build my LS1 engine. I'll flycut the pistons and use the parts on my LS1 stock block. I'll probably start saving money to either built an LS3 or do a 427. Thanks for the great advice.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:16 PM
9 Second Club

I have 5.3's with a 2.08 intake and they worked pretty good on my LS1. Tho admittedly not an optimal setup they will work for ya. I am building an LS2 and a side benefit from it will be not only the addtional 18 cubes but more so the unshrouding. I am reusing the cam and heads and hope to see 20-30 RWHP gain from stepping into an LS2 from the above mentioned advantages over the LS1.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Carlos_Garza
I already have the heads, and the cam and most of the parts I'll need to build my LS1 engine. I'll flycut the pistons and use the parts on my LS1 stock block. I'll probably start saving money to either built an LS3 or do a 427. Thanks for the great advice.
If you flycut the pistons that still does not allow the clyinders to breath correctly.The valves are to large for a stock LS1 bore...this will hamper your performance not increase it.If you intend to build that stock LS1 block,then sell those heads and buy a set of heads that were designed for a stock LS1 up to a 3.905 bore.

Last edited by david vericker; 01-21-2009 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: will 2.08 intake valves have PTV issues on a 346ci