Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone bought PRC 5.3l Stg 2.5 Heads and wished they bought the AFR 205's

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
Don't worry, I'm done "bashing" TSP. I'm just going to continue reading the site for stuff I like, and I do use the midwest section to get updates on gatherings... as you can see, I didn't post much until recently, I'll just go back to what I did before. I'll post my results next season with Bauer's top end package when it's done. Some things are still in the air, I'd like to follow the NMCA rules for w/e class I decide to run.
I don't post much either, only when I see rediculous posts such as the ones I see coming from you.

I look forward to seeing the results from your "easily 500rwhp" heads and cam combo.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Launching!

I don't post much, but I'm in the same situation, Should I go cheap or spend the money on AFR, ETs, or Trick flow. I have been reading threads for months and in the end all I have is a huge headach. I have talked to many people at the track and saw cars run and I have come to the conclusion that dyno sheets don't mean a hole lot when it comes to 1/4 times. I have noticed that most (not all) of the faster cars at the track are running after market Heads. I have also noticed that AFR seem to work really well on stock shortblocks with milder cams. As mentioned they produce power throughout the powerband not just at the top end. Even the Trickflow and ET cars don't respond as well as the AFR heads at low/mid range RPMs, most of the power is upstairs, same as the stock cnc ported heads. Right now I am leaning towards the AFRs. Please don't flame me, these are just my observations, and these heads seem to be more in line with what I am looking for. I wish they were cheaper though.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mass Hysteria
I can get the H/C kit from TSP for $2000 or spend that extra $1000 I was going to use for installation for the AFR's and be a little tight.

Bottom line is...If I can make 420-430rwhp with a 224/228 cam and heads, UD pully, etc., I'll be happy.
That H/C combo from TSP is actually only $1600, not $2000. Also it seems they have an all new 5.3 head out too, that is obviously supposed to be even better than the previous one. I think you should go this route and save yourself a lot of money.

What did you wind up going with?
Old 01-01-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarorat
I have also noticed that AFR seem to work really well on stock shortblocks with milder cams. As mentioned they produce power throughout the powerband not just at the top end.
that is 100% correct! Get AFRs
Old 01-01-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

I think if you have a lot of disposable cash, go ahead and get the AFR's. It looks prettier in your signature. For everyone else...I think its a no-brainer to go with the TSP heads. Very simply, the bang for the buck is much greater.

Remember, anyone who spent all that money on the AFR's is of course going to want to justify the price they paid.

Quick Reply: Anyone bought PRC 5.3l Stg 2.5 Heads and wished they bought the AFR 205's