Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRC stage 2.5 5.3L heads...suggestions on a cam choice

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the same heads that you have coming and a Patrick G cam with a ported FAST92 with longtubes and made 443rwhp and 397 rwtq and the car still has more in it once I cool it doen and work out my valvetrain issue. Very drivable, mine is a 113+2 and sounds sweet! No need to get caught up in big cams. If I were building a track car I would look into a cam similar to the MS4 but after my 9" I should be in the mid 11s with my setup, and thats plenty for the street.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
I am using the same heads that you have coming and a Patrick G cam with a ported FAST92 with longtubes and made 443rwhp and 397 rwtq and the car still has more in it once I cool it doen and work out my valvetrain issue. Very drivable, mine is a 113+2 and sounds sweet! No need to get caught up in big cams. If I were building a track car I would look into a cam similar to the MS4 but after my 9" I should be in the mid 11s with my setup, and thats plenty for the street.
Yeah Patrick and I have been discussing different specs, and I have definitely decided to let him spec out a custom grind for me. I was leaning towards the TR224, but Im confident that he will be able to match up exactly what I need. After all, its only a little bit more money, so why settle for a shelf cam when you can pick your own specs?

By the way, is yours strictly a street car? Whats the lift and lsa?

Quick Reply: PRC stage 2.5 5.3L heads...suggestions on a cam choice