Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the polluter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s346k
oh really? seen any trex or x4 dynos lately?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=trex FIRST POST of the FIRST RESULT.

polluter will perform the same as the rest of the big cams, simple.
Trex car mods:
Bolt ons- lid, smooth bellows, Fast 78mm TB, ls6 intake, underdrive pulley, QTP hvmc LTs, custom true duals.
Polluter car mods:
LS6 Intake, SLP OLD crappy headers, True duels
BOTH cars made 350 TQ at 3500 RPMs. Which one has more mods?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryan L
Guys, I am creating a new cam called GLOBAL WARMING.

"Anyone can Pollute the Earth, but only WE can warm it!"

Don't let the LG or Texas Speed shipping box fool you... I just do that to confuse the competition. :secret2:
haha thats good
Old 08-30-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Trex car mods:

Polluter car mods:

Thats not a good comparo. Different cars, different dynos.

Swing from those nuts!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by phoenix1987
Am I the only one who thinks the name "The Polluter" sounds stupid? Sounds like it will make your car run like **** and puff smoke.
yea...sounds dumb, but wont turn me away from one
Old 08-30-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can say the exact same for the other guy you idiot. What do you have against this cam exact the name Phenoix? Yea, thats right. NOTHING
Old 08-30-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a cam with a real fancy name..X1.. made 415rwhp and 408rwtq also made just over 350rwtq at 3500rpm.... ported tb, stock heads, pacesetter headers, borla catback, stock Ls6 intake...no ud pulley

no real point to this i just like to throw that out sometimes when i read these big cam threads
Old 08-30-2008, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its that the fact it makes over 300 TQ at 3k RPM and the other cams make less that this one is getting all the buzz. Plus the fact that this car is a VERY simple bolt on car. It doesnt even have a FAST!
Over 300ft-lbs at 3k is common actually. Do you really believe advertising?

After reading the responses, I think a lot of you aren't even comprehending the point to the question. Please read. If you can't read, stfu. ARE YOU PEOPLE EVEN READING WHAT I'M SAYING? It's not being a retard if you try the cam. It's being a retard to say you want it because it's so great, when all you have is advertising to tell you that. And someone who believes advertising might be a retard, actually. LOL!

Now, I know it's complicated, but try to stick to the point.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

So your upset because you havent seen track times on a cam that has only been out what 10 days?? Come on.

Just making sure Im not a retard.

Im not sure but also with a Trex and MS4 dont you HAVE to flycut the pistons?

I think the reason its getting SO MUCH talk is because of the shop. Its gaining HUGE respect in the racing community and there is a ton of talk about it. Now said shop has produced what looks like a winner in the big cam game and they want that to get around. Is there anything wrong with that?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

I know for sure you dont have to flycut with a T Rex with stock heads and pistons.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

and evidently you dont have to fly cut with this pollutter cam...so that would save a lot fo do it yourselfers out there some $$$ especailly on a low mileage LS1 doing just a cam swap...
Old 08-30-2008, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

So your upset because you havent seen track times on a cam that has only been out what 10 days?? Come on.

Just making sure Im not a retard.

Im not sure but also with a Trex and MS4 dont you HAVE to flycut the pistons?
You are still not comprehending the question. The question is, why are people saying it's a great cam when they have no valid information to back that (since advertising isn't valid info).

And no, don't have to flycut for the Trex or the less impressive MS4. So you misread the question, and were wrong about the cams. I'll leave the retard issue up to you. I don't think you are though. You're just not very good at reading comprehension.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think a dyno is a valid info.

I said I WASNT sure about the Trex or MS4 so I asked.

Your orginal question was why are people saying its so great if there arent any track times, correct? Its been out a little over a week and your upset because there is no track times and people are saying its a great cam, correct??

Anyways its just funny as hell to me that you are all butt hurt because a couple people like a new cam because of the advertising.

So if track times come back and they are good what are you going to ask then?
Old 08-30-2008, 11:44 PM
10 Second Club

Duh! I won't be questioning it then. I'm asking about them saying it with no valid info. A dyno sheet in an ad isn't valid information. If you think so, you apparently just don't know what validity means. The source of information is biased and therefore isn't valid.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Look,

All Im saying is that its a little premature to be saying anything about this cam really. Like YOU said there are no track times out. Yea, there is a dyno and its from their shop but they even admit that they could make it higher by turning on the smoothing factor because it made it have a spike and made it look like it would have higher HP then it does. I mean its their cam so why would someone take it to a different dyno then theirs, right? Yes, its biased but its still a dyno. Hell any dyno can be biased.

All they want is the word to get out and apparently it has. Even this thread is getting the word out about it.

Give it a month and hopefully more people will have it in and dynoed also. So what if people are calling it the next "great" cam. Does it really bother you THAT much? Let them all believe the hype and you sit back until the numbers come in and then laugh in their face for believing in the hype.

FWIW I find it funny that its got this much attention too. Its a brand new unproven cam but Tick has done a GREAT GREAT GREAT job getting the word out about it. They pay to be a sponser on this forum and they are using it to the fullest. Isnt that what advertising is about?
Old 08-30-2008, 11:59 PM
10 Second Club

Absolutely. We're in agreement, man. It's cool. As I said, I'm not questioning the cam or the ads. I'm questioning the mindless lemmings who read an ad and start
Old 08-31-2008, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

On that note... After reading the ad and the dyno graph, this cam is the best cam ever made for a LS1.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by phoenix1987
Am I the only one who thinks the name "The Polluter" sounds stupid? Sounds like it will make your car run like **** and puff smoke.
+2 a big stinky ball of smoke coming out the back of your car is not cool. Must be an f-body kind of thing
Old 08-31-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Junkie

blah blah. perhaps i should use the first trex dynograph from the trex vendor, instead...i know the numbers would be higher with less mods than the first one i posted. my argument isn't that the trex is better or what not, just killing myths that these huge cams have no low end and it also that the cams like the polluter, vindicator, g5x4, etc etc are any better. they are all beyond the wall in terms of stock head flow and crossover style intake restriction.

as i said before - they're all the same at that point. this "new" cam is no different and is not magic. after we get 25 guys with results it will settle in around the vindicator in terms of results. dynos will look like a mirror image.

it's funny to see guys argue over cams that have no idea how the cam in an engine works or what those numbers mean in terms of behavior and performance. oh well, carry on splitting hairs with a new fandangle cam that will produce the same results the big cams were doing a decade ago.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by s346k
it's funny to see guys argue over cams that have no idea how the cam in an engine works or what those numbers mean in terms of behavior and performance. oh well, carry on splitting hairs with a new fandangle cam that will produce the same results the big cams were doing a decade ago.
It's the new holy grail of ls1 camshafts.. everyone get on board!
Old 08-31-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

You can say the exact same for the other guy you idiot. What do you have against this cam exact the name Phenoix? Yea, thats right. NOTHING

First off, spell Phoenix right. Second, dyno numbers don't mean ****. If you had a fast car you would know that.

Quick Reply: Why the polluter?