Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great info
Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

It would be really easy to set up a excel graph for all of your cams dyno pulls to show hp and tq as a number in relation to rpm. Too bad these are not in car dyno numbers and are on a engine dyno. People would really like to see these numbers in relation to what they can expect in car. I would think that most of your customers have full bolt on cars or close to it at the least, factory heads and whatnot. This would be a good baseline for people to then incorporate their individual set up and take it from there. Just a thought after reading this whole thread. Cheers to TSP for being so helpful with my individual situation..... you guys have great customer service from what i have experienced so far.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is more of an indication of what the combo can be expected to do though. One car to another will vary wildly on the chassis dyno! And, chassis dyno numbers really don't mean that much as compared to track times due to differences in drivetrain loss!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
This is more of an indication of what the combo can be expected to do though. One car to another will vary wildly on the chassis dyno! And, chassis dyno numbers really don't mean that much as compared to track times due to differences in drivetrain loss!
No doubt that track times say it all ..... i was just thinking that comparing apples to apples might make it a little more realistic to the end user.

I absolutely hear where you are coming from though..... that would be a lot of work to redo all of the testing in a scientific manor.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Camary
No doubt that track times say it all ..... i was just thinking that comparing apples to apples might make it a little more realistic to the end user.

I absolutely hear where you are coming from though..... that would be a lot of work to redo all of the testing in a scientific manor.
Too many apples and oranges on the chassis dyno really. Engine dyno takes ALOT of those out of the equation

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is there a dyno sheet with a 6.0 lq4 , T3 CAM, AND tsp ls6 2.5 heads ? .. just wanna get an idea what my combo will make for power.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry man, we haven't tested a combo like that. We haven't been able to do much random testing since the LSX Shootout in October. We have been tied up with dynoing customer's motors as of late. I'm not exactly sure when Jason will be back on some cam testing but you can bet we'll be hitting the boards when he does.

Jon
Old 04-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Bringing this thread back to life for a quick question - did this engine have long tubes and what size throttle body? Very in depth testing and very informative thread by the way.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I know this thread is a few years old but when I click on the images in post 1 I get a dead link.

Are these images still available? I am interested in looking at the individual data.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TableLeg
I know this thread is a few years old but when I click on the images in post 1 I get a dead link.

Are these images still available? I am interested in looking at the individual data.
That happens same with a 220 and 224 cam comparo. All the dyno printouts are gone. too bad.

Maybe try wayback.

Quick Reply: LS1 Camshaft Engine Dyno Comparision