Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some thing bad happend dont know what

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default some thing bad happend dont know what

well a few months back I put a set of arh headers on my car with catted Y. Then i had it tuned. after that it ran awesome for a bit 332 rwhp and 348 rwtq in relay bad conditions. then one day it started to bog a little pit under load more so under 4000 rpms. So I checked the fuel pressure and it was rock solid and steady. The stumble got worse and worse till it was doing it relay bad to the point if i took off hard and kept my foot in it it would die. The night it did that when I went to leave it would barely run and i had to work real hard to even get it to pull out on the street. I drove it home and parked it took it real easy on the way home. Few days later i got in drove it a bit and the bog was no where near as bad. So I kept driving it and it eventually totally went away at this time i changed the fuel filter and checked the fuel pressure.

what the hell happend to my car I hope I didnt hurt any thing
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe some water in the fuel.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

it did start to happen soon after i got fuel but I did put some water remover in the tank (2 bottles) and it did it for 3-4 tanks and I run that thing to the point i put 13-14.5 in it to fill it.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id say water as well. check battery cables, and alternator plugs etc.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

ya just pulled them all last week and scrubed them preping for a show I hope it was water didnt know that was still a issue these days.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get a Scanner and monitor the sensor outputs to the PCM... They may help finding the problem. Bad O2, IAT, cam/crank sensor's, etc.. Check and clean all of your connectors.

But, yeah.. could have been a bad load of fuel.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote for water too considering how the problem went away on its' own after you drove it. I recently got some bad gas(water) in my Yamaha 225hp Vmax HPDI outboard on my way to the Gulf of Mexico. It started running like crap half way to the Gulf. I didn't have any idea of what was going on because this is a new motor. Then an audible and visual "ALARM" went off. These Yamaha outboards are very smart. They tell you when you're low on oil, when your oil filter needs to be changed and even when you have water in your gas. Fortunately the outboard has a removeable bowl so you can dump the water and get going again. With a car or truck it isn't that easy. If you suspect you have water in the gas how do you check it? There is no easy way. With my Yamaha outboard the removeable bowl is transparent so you can actually see the gasoline floating on the water. The bowl has a float in it that only floats on water so if there is only gas in your tank the alarm doen't go off. It's only when water is present that the float rises and closes the alarm contact. It's too bad auto gas tanks don't have this feature. If there was a drain plug at the bottom of the tank you could just drain out the water and then put the drain plug back in. The way it is, if you suspect water you have to throw away the whole tank of gas and with gas prices so high who wants to do that?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

well ill just hope thats what it as and some day when my back isnt blown up and I can go back to work and make some money ill dyno it and see if i lost any.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

wat i would suggest is never pump at cheap gas stations i always either pump at safeway, chevron, or costco, and if u do pump at cheap stations such as am/pm or beacon than i would definetly suggest putting premium unless if u want to take a chance of getting on ur knees and bending over. remember always put premium always best for ur car =)

2000 chevrolet camaro V6 3.8 Liter
Old 12-28-2008, 05:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like it could be an o2 sensor problem. Make sure there are no exhaust leaks at all. You just put on some headers so I bet there might be some air leaks. Or maybe someone got some non o2 sensor safe exhaust sealant on the o2 sensors. It could have taken several days for the crap to burn off of the sensors. Water is also possible but if you put some heat in there and it lasted 3-4 tanks of gas I doubt it was water.

When your o2 sensors gives a false reading to the computer (from an exhaust leak or bad o2's) the car will bog or stall out. The computer will over compensate for a rich or lean mixture and add way too much fuel or take it all away. Anyways check your o2 sensors out and make sure the connections are good. You might need new o2 sensors if you didn't put new ones in when you did the headers.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

I agree with ^^^^^^ about the o2 sensors. A few months after doing my header install the same thing happened to me. Then it went away for awhile then it came back and eventually it threw the code P0300 (random multiple misfires). The whole problem came from the o2 sensors because when you put on headers and start running the car, there's a bunch of preservation oil and fingerprint oil and other crap that gets burnt off and the **** goes directly onto your o2 sensors. I replaced mine with Bosch 13111 and haven't had so much as a hiccup since. Just my .02
Old 12-28-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

bad gas maybe...
Old 12-28-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

check O2 wiring as well, they might have rested against your headers, causing them to burn....
Old 12-28-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Another vote for the O2, but as others have stated, get the codes pulled before you go drop cash on new O2s.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by c4boom
well a few months back I put a set of arh headers on my car with catted Y. Then i had it tuned. after that it ran awesome for a bit 332 rwhp and 348 rwtq in relay bad conditions. then one day it started to bog a little pit under load more so under 4000 rpms. So I checked the fuel pressure and it was rock solid and steady. The stumble got worse and worse till it was doing it relay bad to the point if i took off hard and kept my foot in it it would die. The night it did that when I went to leave it would barely run and i had to work real hard to even get it to pull out on the street. I drove it home and parked it took it real easy on the way home. Few days later i got in drove it a bit and the bog was no where near as bad. So I kept driving it and it eventually totally went away at this time i changed the fuel filter and checked the fuel pressure.

what the hell happend to my car I hope I didnt hurt any thing
Were did you get the CAT from??? and was it new???? did you ever get around to looking at the o2 sensors??? A cloged cat can cause the same issues...
Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Could be MAF sensor also...