Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

patriot heads package

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: patriot heads package

hey hANNIBAL, thanks for the spelling correction, please spell check everything i post. your such a smart guy, you even go with budget heads to save a buck. how many times have you pulled those valve covers after the install? how many times has terrys phone been ringing? im not BASHING, im just pointing out the obvious <---(did i spell that right) to potential buyers of problems with the product in question. sorry for getting your panties in a bunch over the whole racing thing, i was just breakin your *****.

Spelling looks good - grammar can use some work but that was pointed out above

Valve covers = twice - 1) when the valve issue came up 2) to check clearance of the rockers.

Phone calls = made phone calls regarding the two issues above. No more than 2-3 coversations for each issue. Problems resolved VERY easily.

I am not saying I am thrilled about these problems (read my earlier post). What I am saying is that I can accept them (for the most part) and AT LEAST to Patriot's credit, they are handling ANY issue that comes up quickly and to their customers satisfaction. If I wasnt - you all would have heard about it. Hell - SLP knows me and my wheels REAL well

My only acception to your post was pointing me out specifically and making a bold statement that ANY AS or JPR car would show me taillights. I have run my car against other fast cars ON THE STREET (yes ..... illegally - bash me now). I have not put the car on the track or on the dyno. With the several oppertunities I have had to race other fast cars - the results were good. Car felt strong. This is my only means to gain its performance to this point. I have raced plenty of times on the track and I am VERY comfortable my car will put up some numbers.

Dyno time next Saturday - racing at MIR on Oct 4th. I guess that will answer some questions .........

Proofread,
Hannibal <--- capital "H"
Old 09-12-2003, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

I had to chime in and do some correcting myself. I think you meant "gauge" not "gain." Also, the proper word is "exception" not "acception". Sorry bro! If you are going to correct people's spelling, start with your own. I would go into your use of grammar but I am a work.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Aint typo's a bitch? LOL
Old 09-12-2003, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Listen, I think its wrong to bash patriot,...I would just recomend to check over everything when installing them, there is or was some bugs to be worked out but hopefully they are all corrected now.
IMO, and it's always wise to that with any set of heads regardless of the source.
Well said Black Bird. This goes for any motor part. If you buy a set of heads and just bolt them up without checking clearances then you are askin for trouble. Especially on a stock bottom end with a larger camshaft ie: piston to valve clearance.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

blk 2000 ta is a smart guy too. are you guys teachers?? i dont proof read sorry,and funny thing is we can spell check
HHHHHHHHHHannibal good luck at the dyno, i hope everything works out for the best.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread should be locked. Its lost all direction.

Not only that people are posting false and irrelevant information.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

whats imature about that?? they have the capabilites of making a good product. they fixed the valve problem, now they addresed the spring,retainer issues. now we are hearing about oil consumption.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:25 PM
TECH Veteran

whats imature about that??
I think he meant that the post should be locked because 70% of it is about spell checking and b*tch slappin one another at the track. Just my guess though LMAO
Old 09-12-2003, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,005 Posts

If I am buying anything over a 1,000 dollars it would take a lot of guts to tell people I made a mistake in buying it. That is why amazingly people predictably bash other vendors heads that they do not own. There are some good examples in this post. I would not listen to anyone's answer unless they had Patriot heads on their car. I have spent nothing YET on my heads and they work great(stock). Sorry no track times or dyno numbers saving money for some heads so I can bash other vendors like the rest of you.
I tend to agree.
Nothing like owning a bull and a few cows to make steaks likewise nothing like owning a few pigs and billy goats for getting an idea of how bad pig poop smells and how nasty billy goats are when they pee on their chin hairs.

Hmmm I admitt the truth about my heads, it's not pretty I would be very happy to replace them with something else. I spent $1900 including core on them. It was a mistake. Yes, I can freely admitt I screwed up selecting my heads. I'm loyal to sponsors and products that deliver as expected.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was a good thread, has gone to ****.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any update on the oil consumption? I've just got my Patriot's last week and need to know if I need to change valve seal before I put them on.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Beast96Z,
There is no need to change your valve seals.I have some new personel since those heads was assmebled.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Beast96Z,
There is no need to change your valve seals.I have some new personel since those heads was assmebled.
Well when were those heads assembled, and who got them? I know that the bad valve issue you folks weren't able to keep track of, but I'd like to know if you kept track of who put certain sets of heads together half-***. And what are you doing to correct this "new" issue? Inquring minds would like to know.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Those heads were assembled in june.I am very aware who's heads have what type of parts.I have since replaced the person who was working with me in june,a new man started in mid july.I am positive this is not common practice.Every valve guide is checked with a dial bore gage.I now use racing teflon pc seals.If you would like every saturday I have folks come by to see the operation.Anyone that would like to drop by just call me.thanks,
Old 09-14-2003, 02:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Beast96Z,
Thanks Terry. I was also wondering how I can be assured of what springs I have. They spec out a little less than 1.5"s. I'm assuming that they are the 978's? Even better, maybe the 977's? I know you said you were using diffrent springs since the clearence issues. It looks as if I got the bigger springs, which is what I wanted. Texas speed didn't say anything other than "dual spring" good for .625 lift.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

[quote]

I've danced around this subject more than once, but here's the blanket statement:

If you are paying more than $1600 for a set of Stage 2 CNC heads FROM ANYBODY, you're getting raped - and I don't care whose name is on them.
21st Century Muscle Cars in Dallas, is charging me $2,795 for their LPE CNC ported, polished, and paper-rolled 2003 LS6 heads, installed. Is this a good price or not??
Old 09-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Any clue as to why my car would go from having no oil consumption issues (I was a lucky one) to having a massive oil consumption issue after the installation of heads/cam package, as well as what would cause my plugs to have a large amount of oil on them???
Old 09-15-2003, 06:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Blown head gasket?
Old 09-15-2003, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

Any clue as to why my car would go from having no oil consumption issues (I was a lucky one) to having a massive oil consumption issue after the installation of heads/cam package, as well as what would cause my plugs to have a large amount of oil on them???
Possible piston ring blow by from higher pressures and higher RPMs. Does it smoke under WOT, idle, shifting,or startup? Usually smoke at WOT is rings. If it is between shifts , at idle or at startup, that is usually valve seals.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well the worst part is that while I had the seals off , I was able to check valve to guide clearances and while the majoritiy were OK , there were 3 valves that were unacceptably loose in the guides. The # 2 exhaust valve is as loose as a 4" dick in an 8" condom. You have to realize that I have about 1000 miles on these heads and those 3 valves will only get worse. I emailed Terry about this and haven't got a reply. The bottom line is even if I'm offered to return them to get them fixed on warranty, I still have to contend with the 8- 10 hrs extra work of removing them and re-installing them and then there is the down time.

this is more than likly the issue with your oil consumption if you noticed huge oil loss only after the h/c install, Loose guides will cuase a massive amount of oil to be sucked into the combustion chamber, it will not matter if the seal was installed correctly they will leak. I would check the guides and get to the bottom of the oil consumption, if it is as bad as you say you will want it fixed so it doesent cause a detonation problem that breaks a piston.

Also another thing to look for, I not saying this can be a problem with patriots but I have seen some issues becuase usually cnc ports are very big to make room for the cutter, that when they cut the spring pocket for larger springs the ports can crack under the spring and leak huge amounts of oil into the intake ports so take a look at the roof of the int port and see if there is a possible crack there