Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weiand Intake postponed again......

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey nice gains..thats great...since you have a heavy GTO thats very nice and congrats!!!
How's it feel on the steet? Thats a pretty big jump in tq which is higher than what alot of M6 cars. Does it feel like the intake or the touched up tuning helped out that much tq...cause with me being skeptical about the FAST i was wondering if you can really feel the extra torque that the FAST make? And you being an A4 car guy the gains seem alittle higher than most M6's i saw....so now i'm starting to rethink the FAST Since you know i'm a stalled A4 person myself None the less
very incredible gains.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:32 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The tune was nothing more than taking 1 degree of timing AWAY from 5000 to 5500 and leaving it at 24 degree's til redine.I also added alittle fuel from 3200 to 3800 and then added alittle fuel again at 5000 to 5400..

Thats was the extent of the tuning guys,the Fast didnt like timing but wanted alittle more fuel in those area's..I cant wait to put a set of good heads on her and up the compression just a bit

I really think guys with 346CI/LS6 combo's unless running STOUT H/C should just stick with the LS6,the LS2 intake sucks on the GTO and C6 so thats the reason for us to buy it

Last edited by JS; 11-09-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
Hey nice gains..thats great...since you have a heavy GTO thats very nice and congrats!!!
How's it feel on the steet? Thats a pretty big jump in tq which is higher than what alot of M6 cars. Does it feel like the intake or the touched up tuning helped out that much tq...cause with me being skeptical about the FAST i was wondering if you can really feel the extra torque that the FAST make? And you being an A4 car guy the gains seem alittle higher than most M6's i saw....so now i'm starting to rethink the FAST Since you know i'm a stalled A4 person myself None the less
very incredible gains.
The FAST intakes will give you a nice gain but you need a good tune for it to shine. Also the type of dyno used makes a big difference in the numbers produced. A free wheeling Dyno Jet will read atleast 10-12% higher then a Loaded Chassis dyno [ such as a Mustang Dyno ]
Old 11-09-2008, 04:38 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Our DynoCom does both styles of tuning...

Maybe I will run it eddy current next
Old 11-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JS
The tune was nothing more than taking 1 degree of timing AWAY from 5000 to 5500 and leaving it at 24 degree's til redine.I also added alittle fuel from 3200 to 3800 and then added alittle fuel again at 5000 to 5400..

Thats was the extent of the tuning guys,the Fast didnt like timing but wanted alittle more fuel in those area's..I cant wait to put a set of good heads on her and up the compression just a bit

I really think guys with LS6 intakes unless running C/H should just stick with the LS6,the LS2 intake sucks and now I proved it to myself..
Nice Gain. These A/4 s really wake up with a intake. I just had my Intake and heads ported. feels like someone installed a second motor in my car
Old 11-09-2008, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JS
15 to 20 hrs apart on the same dyno and tuned before and after...
Come on bro u gotta admit it,the Fast rocked...

To tell u the truth,I was as shocked as u too

Final numbers tuned for the LS2 were 404/392

Final numbers tuned for the Fast were 424/420
(15 to 20 HRS LATER SAME DYNO)

I wanna port the 90TB next and redyno...
Then its either a set of heads or a direct port setup
i remember a short time ago even you ever alittle hesitate about FAST gains.
I wonder what the gains would have been with a tuned in LS6 vs. the LS2. Damn i dont want to take anything away from your gains cause you are a damn good person Joel, so PLEASE dont take any of the questions i'm bring up personally. I'm just curious that if i bought the FAST caues i trust your instincts alot, i'm just nervous if i dont see these gains since they are on the high side for a stalled A4 GTO, but i'm still impressed but more happy for you!! Good luck with her and take care Joel you deserve it buddy...you dont just jump on a bandwagon and buy whats new...you do your homework...best wished boss!!

Den
Old 11-09-2008, 10:17 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Den it was worth it on my H/C WS6 to change to the fast,I ported that one and gained .13ET/1.2MPH and it was the sole reason I went 10.80's back in 04 with the car as I was knocking on the 10.99 door for a while with that setup..

I would say if u have a good set of heads/cam/headers that the Fast it a no brainer on a LS1 and even on a cam only LS2 its a must
Old 11-09-2008, 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

I wonder what the gains would have been with a tuned in LS6 vs. the LS2.
It is widely known that the LS6 intake likely flows much better than the LS2...the one downside of course is that the LS6 has a 75-78mm throttle body opening and the LS2 is 90mm.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JS
Our DynoCom does both styles of tuning...

Maybe I will run it eddy current next
I use the Mustang [ EDDY Current ] Dyno and they read much lower then a Dyno JET. About 10% lower. I just had my heads and intake ported. SOTP feels like a massive increase ,but we could not get a Graph on it. Every run we made the graph looked like it was a M/6 with a slipping clutch. My car is a stalled A/4 so we thought it may be the trans slipping but there was no SOTP feeling that it was going on. Then it could also be a software problem with the Dyno. This machine was in constant use for 3 days solid without a break before my car was put on it . Before the porting my numbers were 410 RWHP, 435 RWTQ corrected on a Mustang Dyno. We will get my car on the dyno soon. I am getting my headers wrapped in a few weeks and we will run it again. I would not be surprised to see a 30-40 HP gain from the porting.

P.s I had a good trans shop test out my car on their machine. The trans and T/C are healthy. Everything is solid .
Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
It is widely known that the LS6 intake likely flows much better than the LS2...the one downside of course is that the LS6 has a 75-78mm throttle body opening and the LS2 is 90mm.

Thats true..i guess thats the reason a company like TPIS/Lingenfelter modded a LS6 intake so it could except a 90mm TB. And they compared the 90mm modded LS6 intake against a few other intakes including an LS2 and even a FAST 90 and the modded LS6 intake made only a few hp less than the FAST, and that was on a LSX 427cid. Shows that the LS6 intake itself is pretty darn good, especially when it's opened up to except a 90mm TB. Thats damn good considered that you cant really port an LS6's runners. GM should put out a LS6 intake but with a 90mm TB and sell it for alittle over $400 or so.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Thats true..i guess thats the reason a company like TPIS/Lingenfelter modded a LS6 intake so it could except a 90mm TB. And they compared the 90mm modded LS6 intake against a few other intakes including an LS2 and even a FAST 90 and the modded LS6 intake made only a few hp less than the FAST, and that was on a LSX 427cid. Shows that the LS6 intake itself is pretty darn good, especially when it's opened up to except a 90mm TB. Thats damn good considered that you cant really port an LS6's runners. GM should put out a LS6 intake but with a 90mm TB and sell it for alittle over $400 or so.
True, and good idea.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:11 PM
10 Second Club

I guess you can tell i'm a big GM homer..lol. I've been a chevy guy since i was able to talk and walk.
Just like when it comes to heads...looks to me a lot of the fastest n/a cars use ported GM heads. Atleast alot of 10 second cars are. GM built us a hell of a small block motor. I wish i can get back to start spending money on my car.
This damn economy.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Fiber-tuned Flow-test results

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...t-results.html