Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque Management delete on M6???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Trust me, if you zero out these tables in an M6 tune you will gain.

I've seen and used many write ups on A4 TM delete that forget these tables.

A4 or M6 these need to be zero'd out.

I've logged A4 and M6 cars with these tables stock and they pull way too much timing. M6 gets the signal off the CPP switch.

If you think I'm wrong, just don't post again because I really don't care what you do.
i agree with this, i also deleted TM when i tuned my buddies M6.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

I've logged A4 and M6 cars with these tables stock and they pull way too much timing.
Ok, now I'm calling BS. I just finished running several logs with all the engine TM reset to stock and timing set at a linear 20 deg. and anytime I go WOT it stays at 20 until I let off. Do you still have the log where you saw a timing retard on a 6 speed?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Launching!

so can or can you not take the TM out of a M6??? Some of yall say you can and some of yall say you can...
Old 03-25-2009, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

We've been debating over whether or not it is even there in the first place. Basically what I said in my last post is that I set my tune back to stock (at least the part of it that deals with TM) and tested it to see if the performance was affected at all compared to those tables being zero'd out (deleted) and it didn't show any timing being pulled out or anything different at all. So at this point I'm convinced that there is no active torque management on a six speed, and of course you can't take it out if it's not there.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is no torque management on an M6! The tables that dude was posting are just reference or lookup tables that tell the engine "look, if you use this much spark retard you will get this amount of torque reduction out of the motor" that is used for traction control purposes. It is not torque management. IF traction control says "oh look! the tires are starting to spin, lets reduce torque by pulling timing" that is where it goes to look up how much timing to pull. By modifying those tables, you can effectively remove traction control from the engine, but it will still apply the rear brakes.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just my opinion, but why not just delete it and be done with it. It takes all of 30 seconds to go in there and set those tables to 0. If it doesn't change anything your out 30 seconds, if it does you may have gained a tenth.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:00 AM
11 Second Club

Maybe somewhere.

Thats why I said in the beginning---do what you want, I'm not explaining anything. Everything I say that goes beyond typical turns into a pissing match. And look at it.

Bottom line---tune your car the way you feel necessary. If you don't agree with me, don't listen to me.
It has nothing to do with you in particular, I'm just trying to get the facts out there to the OP and anyone else interested. Like I said before, and was just mentioned again the tables you posted are just reference tables and do NOT actively do anything to alter torque/timing because all the other tables that would command TM are disabled on an 6 speed pcm.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 406malibu
Just my opinion, but why not just delete it and be done with it. It takes all of 30 seconds to go in there and set those tables to 0. If it doesn't change anything your out 30 seconds, if it does you may have gained a tenth.
If you just want to, go ahead. I did it to mine also before this thread came up, just know that you are not really changing anything.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

have u posted this on hptuners? i would guess someone there could answer the question?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mterveen
have u posted this on hptuners? i would guess someone there could answer the question?
I searched on there about a month ago and found a thread where it was decided there was no TM but I just tried to find it again and closest I found was your post Now on the ETC M6 cars there IS TM, but not on our F-bodys.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

Well I just found this one that seems to disagree... http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...que+management

But I'm going to take the word of my logs over a thread with no proof...
Old 03-26-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No man, I'm right. You shouldn't have any spark retard on an M6 unless either A) you have traction control on or B) you are getting knock. It wont just retard timing going down the road, or when you go WOT. Those tables will not help you get more horsepower, or make your car faster. If you are not getting any retard, then you are not losing any torque. Period. Of course we already knew that didn't we?
Old 03-26-2009, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

Key words in bold, there is Transmission TM (or not with an M6)

I DO NOT see the point in getting rid of transmission TM and not engine TM.

The table I've been posting is engine TM.
Originally Posted by NSSANE02
that attachment isn't "M6 TM" it's Engine TM
Old 03-26-2009, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

on the other hand leaving it as is does what?
If your answer is "I don't know" then how can you argue?
Seems like your answer will be "I don't know"
Dude I just posted that I put those tables to stock and tested it and it did nothing. And if you'll notice I refrained from arguing with you until I tested it and had proof. Seems like you answer will be pretty much the ame thing you've been saying followed by you bitching about how everyone's just here to argue with you. So why don't you take your own advice and shut the **** up till you bring some proof.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

A six speed is a transmission, TRANSMISSION.

Cars with six speeds have ENGINE TM!

Every car has an engine and transmission right?

Ok great M6's have no transmission TM.
They all have engine TM.

I'll go talk to a ******* wall it'll probably see the point before you do.
The whole point of this thread is to determine whether or not there is TM on a 6 speed CAR, meaning any kind of TM, trans or engine. When I said that I meant a 6 speed car in general, not the trans itself. Please go talk to the wall, you're sure as hell not contributing anything to this thread anymore.

Last edited by NSSANE02; 03-26-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

You can't just drive around and hit TM. I had my car for 3 or 4 months before I got into a situation when TM kicked in, and slowed it down.

Now someone else needs to come in and say those tables are for traction control, why don't you "have a discussion" with that guy because thats incorrect.
So what is it that caused the TM to engage? Where is this magic table that lies dormant for months then decides to pull timing randomly. These tables are set up to react to specific situations and conditions, so you would know exactly why you saw a loss. And please dont post those same tables again because they do not COMMAND any timing retard.

Yes that's incorrect, those tables are not traction control. Nothing more to discuss. Like I've said before, I'm not here just to argue with you or anyone else, I'm here for facts. So if someone can give me some real proof, I'll accept it and shut my mouth.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Launching!

wow.. didnt know this thread would have caused this much controversy But i was reading another thread on HPtuners and one guy said that the Acceleration Slip Regulation (ASR) was the TM for 6 speeds... well i have a switch on my car that says ASR that i can turn it off and on... If this is true when i turn it off does it get rid of the TM while the switch is off completely? or is st still activated just not as touchy...
Old 03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned

These tables are set up to react to specific situations and conditions, so you would know exactly why you saw a loss.
Yea if I drove around logging every time I got in the car.

I'm here for facts. So if someone can give me some real proof, I'll accept it and shut my mouth.
I personally don't give enough a **** to prove anything to you. Spew your misinformation, I'm out of this thread. (yea I realize everything I posted is quoted)
I'll go talk to my ******* tires and have a more intellectual discussion than this.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JoshuaCole67
wow.. didnt know this thread would have caused this much controversy But i was reading another thread on HPtuners and one guy said that the Acceleration Slip Regulation (ASR) was the TM for 6 speeds... well i have a switch on my car that says ASR that i can turn it off and on... If this is true when i turn it off does it get rid of the TM while the switch is off completely? or is st still activated just not as touchy...
That's traction control, it regulates the throttle position instead of spark. When it's off, it's off.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Launching!

oh ok.. so it has nothing to do with n e thing were discussin? i kinda was just wonderin

Quick Reply: Torque Management delete on M6???