Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock 7139 - LS Pro-Flo XT Manifold - Free Shipping and in stock at EPP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:02 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsjustaSB
that sucks i was really looking foward to some testing of this intake
I was too! We may try taking 1-1/2 inches out of the intake and then try it on the CTS-V. Bob
Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I was too! We may try taking 1-1/2 inches out of the intake and then try it on the CTS-V. Bob
Which brings me to my next thought. If the runners could be cut down to it in an F Body it would probably shift the power range up higher. Starting to sound more like an LT1 intake.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
hey i was trying to get ahold of u guys today but lines seemed preety busy couldnt get through but im going to try tomorrow perferbly brent just cause hes so fimalair with my setup i really want to try one of these intakes and im not scared to cut up into my wiper crowl area as long as i dont have to get into the windsheild theres no wiper blades or motors on it anyways and wouldlt mind trading a big crowl hood for my ultra z hood if needed i just really want to see someone test this intake first before i do all that if u guys could throw it on some head and cam car and do some testing back to back and show gains over a fast i really think u guys would sell the **** outa these intakes if u need a doner fbody car let me know
Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for doing some testing on this Bob.

The price point on this thing is awesome, but it seems like every LS-car would have to factor in a custom hood/paint into the price.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Does anyone prefer those fast fuel rails?? They look sweet on Bobs car!!
How much better are they than the stock rails on the LS2 Vette???
I want them I just dont know if they are worth the 200$????
I have bolt ons and a 150 shot on my LS2 Vette
Thanks sorry to jumpin here, I saw the Fast Rails gain and lost it! LOL!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:14 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

hey i was trying to get ahold of u guys today but lines seemed preety busy couldnt get through but im going to try tomorrow perferbly brent just cause hes so fimalair with my setup i really want to try one of these intakes and im not scared to cut up into my wiper crowl area as long as i dont have to get into the windsheild theres no wiper blades or motors on it anyways and wouldlt mind trading a big crowl hood for my ultra z hood if needed i just really want to see someone test this intake first before i do all that if u guys could throw it on some head and cam car and do some testing back to back and show gains over a fast i really think u guys would sell the **** outa these intakes if u need a doner fbody car let me know
Hmm, do give us a call. We get swamped on Mondays. Thanks. Bob
Old 04-21-2009, 05:16 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SMOKINV8
Thanks for doing some testing on this Bob.

The price point on this thing is awesome, but it seems like every LS-car would have to factor in a custom hood/paint into the price.
Thanks! The intake looks so cool that it would be worth it to a lot of people. Bob
Old 04-21-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey bob i talked to brent today i think im going to try and give it a shot even if i dont gain power which i doubt the looks factor is worhth it to me im going out to the garage to take my intake off and try diagnose a a problem with the new motor losing a little bit of coolant erghhhh

i dont know if u guys took measurments when u had it on the car but if u could tell me the height from the top of the valley cover to the top of the plenum that would be greatly appriecated and my offer still stand thanks
Old 04-21-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

hey bob i talked to brent today i think im going to try and give it a shot even if i dont gain power which i doubt the looks factor is worhth it to me im going out to the garage to take my intake off and try diagnose a a problem with the new motor losing a little bit of coolant erghhhh

i dont know if u guys took measurments when u had it on the car but if u could tell me the height from the top of the valley cover to the top of the plenum that would be greatly appriecated and my offer still stand thanks
Holy Run-On-Sentence, Batman!!!!!

Punctuation is your friend.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:15 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Braciole
Does anyone prefer those fast fuel rails?? They look sweet on Bobs car!!
How much better are they than the stock rails on the LS2 Vette???
I want them I just dont know if they are worth the 200$????
I have bolt ons and a 150 shot on my LS2 Vette
Thanks sorry to jumpin here, I saw the Fast Rails gain and lost it! LOL!
The FAST fuel rails are great looking rails, and they literally bolt right up to the FAST intakes. Are they needed on your LS2 with bolt ons and a 150 shot? No
Will they look cool on your engine? Bob
Old 04-23-2009, 05:17 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I have dimensions at the shop, give me a call when you get a chance.

Thanks. Bob
Old 05-03-2009, 06:39 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ow-xt-gto.html

It fits on the GTO with a few mods. Bob
Old 05-03-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where are the results damn it lol? Also will it fit under the stock hood on a C5?
Old 05-06-2009, 05:06 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mchdg86
Where are the results damn it lol? Also will it fit under the stock hood on a C5?
I don't have any dyno results yet. This guy has reported really good results, but no dyno numbers. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ow-xt-gto.html

It will not fit under the stock C5 hood. Bob
Old 05-06-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Bob and others at Exotic,

What about putting together a kit for us GTO owners that includes everything you need to install it?
Old 05-07-2009, 05:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
Bob and others at Exotic,

What about putting together a kit for us GTO owners that includes everything you need to install it?
You have a good idea there, but we're currently too busy (busy season) to put something like that together. Thanks, Bob.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

ahh well. such is life. Thanks anyway.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

if there is a hood that can fit this Id like to know....
Old 05-14-2009, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I see you have re-installed the eldebrock intake. What were dyno number differance between LS2, and Fast. Have u dynoed it with the eldebrock intake yet??
Old 05-18-2009, 05:10 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Panther427
I see you have re-installed the eldebrock intake. What were dyno number differance between LS2, and Fast. Have u dynoed it with the eldebrock intake yet??
Bob Johnson, the owner of the V, has decided he wants to stay with his aftermarket hood, and not use the new hood we are developing. This means the FAST 92mm intake went back on the car. We never had the Edelbrock intake bolted down, so no dyno testing was one. We will be seeing what the FAST 92 intake makes compared to the LS2 intake, hopefully today if we get time. I am sure that both of these aftermarket intake manifolds will produce a significant increase in power over the factory LS2 intake manifold. Bob

Quick Reply: Edelbrock 7139 - LS Pro-Flo XT Manifold - Free Shipping and in stock at EPP!