Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 90mm Throttle Body Spacer Gains?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS2 90mm Throttle Body Spacer Gains?

I searched and found some threads on the topic but it was mainly jibberish...Anyways my main question would a TB spacer on my LS2 make any noticeable differences? Which brand to go with? I noticed the Airaid is quite overpriced IMO..and the OBX and VaraRams are inexpensive. My setup is going to be LS3/L92 heads with cam to match and the TB is going to be ported. From what I've read the I would benefit more with the spacer than a unmodded engine. Any opinions?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they are the modern day snake oil. I've always wanted to try one and see if they work. I know they do increase the plenum volume alittle bit. They had the Airaid on one of the TV shows like HOT Rod or trucks. They showed how it causes the air entering the manifold to twist or swril thus filling the cyl.s better. ???
Old 07-24-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah but I am under the impression that turbulence causes less air intake than "smooth" flowing air...Unless it actually is a controlled turbulence that increases volume...The VaraRam one says that theirs is smooth and the OBX and Airraid say theirs is a Helix design that "twists" the air...I can see where it would increase the plenum volume a lil..And where it would be a bigger benefit on modded engines...If I went with on I think it would be the VaraRam..

Last edited by Petraszewsky; 07-26-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think you would need to see statistically significant gains on an engine dyno to state that they were worth while. I cant see them helping at all with vacuum loss.

Quick Reply: LS2 90mm Throttle Body Spacer Gains?