Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP LS376-480 crate engine swap, what else to buy for non lsx vehicle.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GMPP LS376-480 crate engine swap, what else to buy for non lsx vehicle.

What is missing from that crate engine to get that running, starter, alternator, Flywheel/ clutch.

Catalog says that assembly does not include any electronics, this is little misleading since for explample coils are in picture.

So does this mean also sensors etc are missing. For engine management im going for this http://www.tatech.fi/index.php?id=specifications
Old 10-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed one of these in a '99 T/A and have a couple of pictures of the motor just after it was delivered. While the motor comes with a Corvette-style flywheel, water pump, and balancer, I had to change all of these items for F-body specific parts.

The motor also needed a starter, all accessories (alternator, a/c, ps, tensioners), and engine wiring harness (I just modified the one I had with new fuel injector clips). I had to change the oil pan, too, for my application.
Engine comes with MAP, temp sender, oil level in pan, oil sender behind intake, cam sensor, crank sensor, LS3 knock sensors, and probably one or two more I forgot. Coils are included...
I used the stock pcm from the T/A, but still need to have it tuned.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

Thank you
Old 10-03-2009, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

As stated above the engine comes with the Corvette spacing on the waterpump and balancer.

Depending on your application GMPP has 2 different accessory drive kits available

The 19155066 is a CTS-V style and the 19155067 is a Corvette style.

They both supply all the comonents for the acessory drives.

GMPP also offers a stand alone harness and processor kit.

The part number is 19201327 and includes the mass air element , throttle pedal, computer and harness.

The crate engine has the water, oil, crank, and cam sensors. The others are provided in the Controller kit.

Here is a link to a video of the 19155066 kit.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...ive_169738.htm

Good luck!

Robin

Quick Reply: GMPP LS376-480 crate engine swap, what else to buy for non lsx vehicle.