Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anybody heard of this sheetmetal intake company?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Has anybody heard of this sheetmetal intake company?

I found this company by accident looking for alternatives to a Beck or Marcella. Does anybody know anything about them? Does anybody on here have one of their intakes? It comes with fuel rails and any T/B opening you specify.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Here's the link: http://www.precision-metalcraft.com/Manifolds.php
Old 01-02-2010, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah heard they do good work
Old 01-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

short runners would be a concern.

Here is an internal look at the Wilson, none of the sheet metak intakes I've seen so far have the long runner of the Wilson, very similar to the FAST intake ( Wilson designed the FAST intakes). And it's tough to beat how it looks . We can offer you a deal on one with a TB to match
Attached Thumbnails Has anybody heard of this sheetmetal intake company?-wilson-internal-runners.jpg   Has anybody heard of this sheetmetal intake company?-p1010301.jpg  

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 01-02-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS

Here is an internal look at the Wilson, none of the sheet metak intakes I've seen so far have the long runner of the Wilson, very similar to the FAST intake ( Wilson designed the FAST intakes). And it's tough to beat how it looks . We can offer you a deal on one with a TB to match
I looked on wilson's site and they have intakes for ls1,ls2, and ls7 heads I didn't see anything for L92's. Would they modify an LS7 to fit? For the price I would need the fuel rails to be included on that one.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned

I can help you with the fuel rails not a problem, I'll find out for you on the L92 option and let you know
Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks and let me know some options on a T/B.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Whats the largest DBW tb you can offer for the Wilson intake? PM me some pricing options if you dont mind
Old 01-03-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's been shown that the Wilson billet manifold does not make any more hp than a stock LS7 intake if those are the heads you're using. Otherwise it's a good option. Just some FYI.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Haans249
It's been shown that the Wilson billet manifold does not make any more hp than a stock LS7 intake if those are the heads you're using. Otherwise it's a good option. Just some FYI.
How does an ls7 fit on an L92 head?

I am putting together a 416 ls3 and when putting any plastic oem style intake on a larger cubic inch motor there have been threads that state that the motor doesn't get enough air. With a carb style or sheetmetal the motor picks up more power with very little loss of power under the curve.

I plan on putting a 300 shot on this motor. I don't want any issues for this motor to not make power. The only reason I am looking at sheetmetal (vic jr carb style was my first choice)is that I want something that will fit under my stock hood but make the most power.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Banned

Thats thing: fitment under the hood. A Super Vic would be more popular or Carry's intake but most guys don't want an obtrusive hood scoop on their daily driver. So we have a few options and sheet metal or billet intakes are one of them. The runner design is important and thats where the Wilson stands out over most sheet-metal intakes.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Veteran

My car is a street car. It is not my daily driver but it will see street duty to drive around town and a cruise here and there at least 30 to 40miles. I have no problem doing things like taking a hammer to the fenderwells to get tires to fit but I refuse to butcher my car up that makes it not driveable in inclement weather. Vic jr is not an option now due to hood clearance and cowl clearance.

Plus there's the cool factor of popping the hood and people see a sheetmetal intake instead of a factory or FAST intake.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
How does an ls7 fit on an L92 head?

I am putting together a 416 ls3 and when putting any plastic oem style intake on a larger cubic inch motor there have been threads that state that the motor doesn't get enough air. With a carb style or sheetmetal the motor picks up more power with very little loss of power under the curve.

I plan on putting a 300 shot on this motor. I don't want any issues for this motor to not make power. The only reason I am looking at sheetmetal (vic jr carb style was my first choice)is that I want something that will fit under my stock hood but make the most power.
Very little loss of power under the curve? Whats your definition of a "little". Most see a loss of around 20+ depending on the setup in lower rpms, and only really shine at rpms north of 7K. If this is a street vehicle, don't bother with a sheet metal intake, you'll be happier with a plastic.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Banned

Well that is where the internal runner design with the Wilson comes in Haans. Same as the plastic intake. Wilson designed the plastic intake.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:38 AM
Banned

Well that is where the internal runner design with the Wilson comes in Haans. Same as the plastic intake. Wilson designed the plastic intake.
Considering the Wilson intake is $3200 and can find the same performance as a $800 plastic version, whats the better value?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:52 AM
Banned

It comes down to what a person wants Fraser, you should know that.

This thread wasn't a debate about a plastic intake vs a sheet-metal or billet intake, he was looking for an alternative to the Beck and Marcella and found another sheet metal intake so I offered the Wilson Billet as well.

If you want to start a thread and show the merits of one intake vs another go right ahead but this isn't really the thread to do it in.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 AM
Teching In

A little good advice never hurt anyone ...
Old 01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I really like a sheetmetal intake but if a plastic intake will make the same power, then I'm all about value. Here's what I have read here correct me if I'm wrong. An ls7 breathes well and there is no gain with a 102 FAST. I am not using ls7 heads so this means nothing to me. Guys that are using l76/ls3 intakes are porting them and finding equal or more power than a FAST. That doesn't help me either, I can just get a ported ls3. Guys have gone to carb style intakes and found more power with a little loss down lower that is not much to be concerned about. Sheetmetal intakes such as Beck and Marcella tend to keep up with the carb style without cutting your car up, the draw back is the price.

I was looking for an alternative to spending a buttload of cash but make good power in the process, thats how I came across the company I posted earlier. I also found that TPIS makes sheetmetal intakes for ls motors. They are up there also in price.

I need something that will be the best bang for my buck. Not worried about the street too much about down low. Thats what gears and stalls are for. I will drive it to work once in awhile which is 3 miles one way. It will see cruise duty maybe 30 miles to New Orleans. I have friends who have driven this distance with a way more wilder setups than I am going with. Help me out here, SHEETMETAL or PLASTIC OEM intake?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A Victor Jr with an Accufab 4150 throttle body and a Carb hat fits under a stock hood, or a flat VFN hood anyway, I have it.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:35 PM
9 Second Club

on a hydraulic motor yes.

Quick Reply: Has anybody heard of this sheetmetal intake company?