Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall ebay valve covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
I work very close to get them made to my specs...
I was very impressed with your offerings until I saw the GTO air intake kit that has nothing to block the hot engine bay air, just an open element air filter. At that point, I figured you probably don't necessarily know what you're making, you just make it look pretty.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 AM
FormerVendor

Thats funny because back to back testing with it on a dyno and driving made no difference in intake air temps with a baffle or not. Besides we no longer make Cold air kits so you need not worry.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just tried to install these on a buddies car. They are too tall to put on a f-body that still has a/c and heater box. There was no way the coil packs were going to fit on passenger side cover. You also will need longer plug wires and you have to massage you oil dipstick.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by delphigto
I need taller valve covers or spacers for my new motor. Thats why I was asking. Going on a ls7 head with new Harland Sharp rockers in a gto.
Either spend the money on good valve covers or go with the spacers. Stay away from these things..
Old 03-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Thats funny because back to back testing with it on a dyno and driving made no difference in intake air temps with a baffle or not. Besides we no longer make Cold air kits so you need not worry.
With the hood popped I assume? That makes a HUGE difference

Regardless, in a drag race it costs about 4-6 lengths I've tested it, over and over.

Glad you aren't carrying them, the rest of the stuff looks awesome.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just more China JUNK!

Nasty cover are very nice and worth the extra $$$.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GregRexAdams
With the hood popped I assume? That makes a HUGE difference

Regardless, in a drag race it costs about 4-6 lengths I've tested it, over and over.

Glad you aren't carrying them, the rest of the stuff looks awesome.

4-6 lengths???? More to that story buddy.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Teching In

Ok. Two GTOs. Same mods to the cars (air intake only), both six speeds. We raced multiple times with the open element air filter on his car and a cold air inductions CAI on mine, then raced multiple times with an LPE CAI on his car. Only change. I went from winning by a LARGE margin, to losing by a frog's butt hair, over and over. And you can't tell me that having an open element right behind the radiator doesn't have an affect on IAT, especially in a car that seems to have little air exchange under the hood like a GTO. Other people around here do much the same, and buy an air filter and just remove the stock air box on their GTOs, and the result is much the same. Even if they had other mods I don't, I kicked the crap out of them by several cars until they fixed it. It makes a huge difference. Maybe it's not just the IAT, maybe it's that air gets caught on the housing and builds a higher-pressure area. I don't know. I just know that having a housing for the filter that seperates it from the engine bay makes the car much faster.

But if they dropped them, I guess it's a mute point.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just got mine and they look good minus needing to tap them for baffles the welds look good and used a straight edge to check them and look good on that also will bolt them up friday and see how they fit
Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by venom99
i just got mine and they look good minus needing to tap them for baffles the welds look good and used a straight edge to check them and look good on that also will bolt them up friday and see how they fit
So how did they fit?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by formula17
4-6 lengths???? More to that story buddy.
Yeah really that is like 50hp or so...? Maybe he had a wing and a lot of contingency stickers to take full advantage of the hot air block off...
Old 09-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by delphigto
I need taller valve covers or spacers for my new motor. Thats why I was asking. Going on a ls7 head with new Harland Sharp rockers in a gto.

Just go with the spacers..problem solved.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

I have some 1" spacers, brand new with bolts and gaskets if anybody is interested
Old 09-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have ebay covers on my car, they are junk. Like has been mentioned, coils won't clear on an fbody , they have no pcv provisions, the mounting bolts suck(mine are now replaced with Allen head bolts that stick out the top of the cover) and they leak bad!

The problem is, they lack the sheet metal piece on the inside of the stock cover that rests on the inside of the cylinder head to position the cover correctly. Iv bolted tabs to the outside/bottom of the heads to hold the covers in place so to speak. They work and don't leak but what a pain in the ***.

Quick Reply: Tall ebay valve covers