Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cable driven 90mm Throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cable driven 90mm Throttle body?

are any of the ls2 TB's use wires or are they all fly by wire? who as far as aftermarket makes 90mm cable driven?
Old 08-27-2010, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most of the bigger sponsors carry a few.. the one that comes to mind is nick williams. I stuck with cable driven on my setup but you can get the dbw pedals too, if you feel like it
Old 08-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Teching In

There are multiple companies that offer 90mm cable drive throttle bodies. As stated above, there is Nick Williams, but there is also Edelbrock, FAST, Holley, and more that I'm blanking on. I just went through the process of selecting a 90mm throttle body. I purchased the Edelbrock (Part #3864) because it comes with the TPS and IAC, it was well priced, and is a quality product. Another cool thing about the throttle body is that it fits both 3 and 4 bolt intake manifolds. There are many good throttle bodies out there, just do a search and see what's out there
Old 08-29-2010, 02:40 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Pantera EFI does DBW to cable drive tb conversions. Google them they make some sweet stuff
Old 09-15-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cornerburner
There are multiple companies that offer 90mm cable drive throttle bodies. As stated above, there is Nick Williams, but there is also Edelbrock, FAST, Holley, and more that I'm blanking on. I just went through the process of selecting a 90mm throttle body. I purchased the Edelbrock (Part #3864) because it comes with the TPS and IAC, it was well priced, and is a quality product. Another cool thing about the throttle body is that it fits both 3 and 4 bolt intake manifolds. There are many good throttle bodies out there, just do a search and see what's out there

Any update on the Edelbrock tb?
Have you used it/tuned it yet?
any issues?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 95wannabe
Any update on the Edelbrock tb?
Have you used it/tuned it yet?
any issues?

Thanks
Just ran across this now after quite some time, but figured I'd reply in case it still helps anyone out. I am currently using the Edelbrock throttle body. I still feel that it is great quality as it fit up nicely to my L76 intake manifold (works with 3 bolt intakes as well). It was great that it came with both the IAC and the TPS which were direct plug in with the LS1 harness. Being able to adjust the air bypass by a screw is a great feature to have as well. Probably the most odd part about the throttle body is that despite being a 90mm blade, the O.D. that the hose slips over is about 110mm. This has made it somewhat difficult to find a silicone hose in this size especially if looking for a 90 degree bend or anything special. In any case, I'd still recommend this throttle body for all of the other reasons. Tough to beat the value, just my 2 cents
Old 05-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Teching In

I know this is an old thread, but I just bought an Edelbrock 3864 and having trouble finding a 90 degree elbow for the intake plumbing.
Does anybody have a source for this? The size is 110mm.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:34 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

intakehoses.com

Quick Reply: Cable driven 90mm Throttle body?