Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Power Steering Hoses or Hose ends

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011 | 12:54 PM
Teching In

Default What Power Steering Hoses or Hose ends

I've read another post on where to get the -6 adapter for the C6 power steering pump, but I need to know which hoses should I get? I'm installing an LS3 eRod with the GMPP Corvette accessory system. I need to connect its power steering pump to a stock 71 Nova power steering box. I would like to replace my lines as they are many years old and seep fluid. Should I get the Russell Performance Part # 648060 -6 AN (16mm x 1.5 O-ring Seal) Power Steering Adapter and a set of hoses? if so, which hoses? I don't think the factory hoses use a -6. I am willing to make my own hoses but I don't have the ability to crimp them.

If I find someone to crimp them, what ends do I need?
Old 03-11-2011 | 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

I got an adapter for mine, but there's no room to thread a -6 hose end onto it. It interferes with the pulley. Instead I'll use a regular GM steering line - which is a fitting followed by tubing, then rubber hose. I'll cut the metal line and do something to get a fitting onto it. You could have a local shop do this for you too.

If you're going to make your own line then get the right hose. P/S operates at over 2000psi.

Quick Reply: What Power Steering Hoses or Hose ends