Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock ls3 VS 102 FAST intakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by offaxis
Im not sure why you feel the need to try and discredit what I said but whatever . I must just lucky then when I picked up 20+ on my ls1 with fast intake. I guess those wouldnt count either cause it was just a dyno and i dont sell parts for a living. But I shared my findings back then and share them now.
Im not trying to discredit you personally, I just want everyone to understand that comparing a single chassis dyno run doesnt make it fact. It just means something in your dyno testing procedures, or installation were likely faulty.

You should not only see gains on the dyno, but also in the datalog of the MAF showing the increaded airflow.

You are correct in saying, "If I dont like it, I can get most of my money back". They do retain their value well, because they work. Although I admit the LS3 intake is the best OEM intake, it must be tought to beat if FAST can only make 14hp while maintaining a "street" style intake.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
Although I admit the LS3 intake is the best OEM intake, it must be tought to beat if FAST can only make 14hp while maintaining a "street" style intake.
+1...the results on LS3's don't mean the LS3 version of the intake is crappy...it just means the OEM intake is really nice...just like the LS2 OEM intake really sucks...so a catherdral FAST gains a ton on those.

Me personally...I bought a 102 ported by Tony Mamo...I can't wait to install it...
Old 11-10-2011, 09:58 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Sometimes its the tuner not bringing out the gains. I've looked at several logs/tunes and some tuners are conservative while others push it a bit. The conservative tuners aren't drawing the gains out of this intake like the guys that race do. Its funny you see the tuners that know how to tune for it recommended the intake because it makes power, while those that dont know how to tune for it say its crap. Looking at the logs the conservative tuners are running rich with a lot less timing, go figure your not getting the gains out of an intake.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When i build a motor......

If i want the best, i know what that is, and is what i get, if low budget is the going thing, second best is great. Just that you can't get inside, to do anything with it.....
Second best still make awesome power, and the difference? Who cares....
Old 12-11-2011, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

I'm still curious about a fast, i'm running a L76 manifold unported with a TSP 92mm with Tsp Ls3 heads and it made 562-524 to the wheel speed density through a M6 & 12-bolt with 4:10's 2 weeks ago, it was a 408 until it took a **** from to much timing after last winter rebuild and a 4.040 -4cc custom wiseco forged piston was ordered in place other than that much hasn't changed, but i was curious if it being a 414-stroker now wonder if my new setup will pick up any power with the intake ported correctly along with a busty ported 102TB??? I won't go single plane after seeing the torque loss they have even though the 4-barrel throttle bottle help a little bit on all the posts i've seen...
Old 12-11-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

We are about to do a LS3 Manifold to a FAST LSXR-102 in a T/A in a couple weeks it's a 370 Lq9 with a 4L60 built on a shot, when we do i'm gonna throw up some comparisons with a bigger cam than what most people have been showing on these setups we've all been chasing for numbers to impress us enough to buy this wonder product they call fast. Lol
Old 12-11-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSWNDR
I'm still curious about a fast, i'm running a L76 manifold unported with a TSP 92mm with Tsp Ls3 heads and it made 562-524 to the wheel speed density through a M6 & 12-bolt with 4:10's 2 weeks ago, it was a 408 until it took a **** from to much timing after last winter rebuild and a 4.040 -4cc custom wiseco forged piston was ordered in place other than that much hasn't changed, but i was curious if it being a 414-stroker now wonder if my new setup will pick up any power with the intake ported correctly along with a busty ported 102TB??? I won't go single plane after seeing the torque loss they have even though the 4-barrel throttle bottle help a little bit on all the posts i've seen...
what cam where you running if you dont mind me asking? specs
Old 12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSWNDR
Good numbers for a 414. What rpm did it peak at?

Quick Reply: stock ls3 VS 102 FAST intakes