Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TBSS and GM Gen IV Truck Owners... RADICAL Gains from RADICAL Ported Intake!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Porting

Dont think this is a good idea, ,when its flexing which definitely cant be good and dangerous,its sucking in restriction even more creating unstable flow, these intakes already flow what there made for down low torque, why not fo with a fast or other intake, your loosig the down low torque, in my opinion to even make it worth it, head porting would be the least to be done, a tune for the added air, people will be running lean, fuel trims will be off, idle and check engine light, I'm betting you will loose alot down low where its supposed to be, I'd love to see some results
Old 08-08-2019, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by frankinu
Dont think this is a good idea, ,when its flexing which definitely cant be good and dangerous,its sucking in restriction even more creating unstable flow, these intakes already flow what there made for down low torque, why not fo with a fast or other intake, your loosig the down low torque, in my opinion to even make it worth it, head porting would be the least to be done, a tune for the added air, people will be running lean, fuel trims will be off, idle and check engine light, I'm betting you will loose alot down low where its supposed to be, I'd love to see some results
Hi Franklin, I have a different view based on data I've collected testing various intake manifolds. A correctly ported TBSS like the Peak Speed radical port TBSS can flow just about as much air as an unported Fast 90/92. We had plenty of time to examine a Peak Speed radical ported TBSS and it was much better than the stock TBSS when tested under the same conditions on the same flow bench.

99 Black Bird intake manifold flow testing summary

I tested a Peak Speed radical port TBSS and it's impressive for a tweaked stock manifold. The TBSS intake is also dirt cheap used. I bought one for $160 with fuel rails and fuel injectors. Of course if ones pockets are deep the Fast manifolds are nice and ultimately have more potential after being correctly ported.

Any change like a manifolds or cam or heads need tuning agree 100 percent. Ideally ported heads, ported manifold and correctly match cam with heads and a good tune.

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 08-08-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Quick Reply: TBSS and GM Gen IV Truck Owners... RADICAL Gains from RADICAL Ported Intake!