Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to tap PCV fresh air line?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to tap PCV fresh air line?

I have an aftermarket throttle body that doesn't have a fresh air line. I tried to tap one into the intake duct but I knew right away it was going to suck. The gasket material was the only thing holding it in there. As soon as I bumped it, the line pulled out. I cut off one side of the plastic hose connection and tried to gasket it in place. Did not work...

So, whats the best way to do this? Is there a rubber grommet I can get so I can stick the white plastic connector into? What about taping a metal connector on?
If I were to do the metal how do I tap that hole so that it will screw into place?

I need something more durable and something that won't leak.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Brass 3/8" hose barb 1/8" npt and a brass 1/8" npt nut on the inside with red Loctite on the threads. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ga...9/media/images
Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Some of the truck TBs dont have a PCV port. I drilled and tapped a spot on the back of the TB for 1/8" NPT thal leads through to in front of the throttle blade. I used a fiting like Jontall posted. Anywhere between the TB and MAF will work, but it's best to drill and tap some place where there's enough material to thread into.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,212 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Jontall
Brass 3/8" hose barb 1/8" npt and a brass 1/8" npt nut on the inside with red Loctite on the threads. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ga...9/media/images
Thanks for the recommendation on our site! The solution mentioned would a great solid option, especially when used with Loctite. We also offer Spectre air intake vacuum hose adapter kits that should also work for your setup.

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com
Old 11-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Mez
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garys 68
Some of the truck TBs dont have a PCV port. I drilled and tapped a spot on the back of the TB for 1/8" NPT thal leads through to in front of the throttle blade. I used a fiting like Jontall posted. Anywhere between the TB and MAF will work, but it's best to drill and tap some place where there's enough material to thread into.
It you are placing the new port tube after the throttle blade that's wrong. It needs to be before the throttle blade.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

The passage/port leads in front of the TB blade.
" I drilled and tapped a spot on the back of the TB for 1/8" NPT thal leads through to in front of the throttle blade."

Originally Posted by Mez
It you are placing the new port tube after the throttle blade that's wrong. It needs to be before the throttle blade.

Quick Reply: Best way to tap PCV fresh air line?