Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something causing a misfire, bad battery to blame?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 05:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Something causing a misfire, bad battery to blame?

Hey all, been awhile since I have posted, but I started my 02SS up and took it for a spin today, it has been in the garage for the Chicago winter and started it about every month.

Last month when I started it I noticed that the battery was dead so I jumped it let it run for 10 minutes and shut it off, today when I started it the battery was dead again, so I jumped it again let it run and took it for a drive, I noticed that the car was missing as I leaned into the throttle a little bit and it was a pretty consistent miss. Just out of curiosity when I got home I shut it off and immediately tried to restart it and the battery was cashed again, so clearly the battery is toast and I need a new battery.

My question is can a bad battery cause a misfire like this? When I put the car up for the winter it was running perfectly and really haven't touched it since, so I would assume it is just the battery.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to start with the most simple like battery and eliminate from there.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump, just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem that was solved by replacing a bad battery that will not hold a charge

Quick Reply: Something causing a misfire, bad battery to blame?