Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muscle Rod Headers and BRP Hotrods - customer service

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muscle Rod Headers and BRP Hotrods - customer service

Has anyone had dealings with BRP or their muscle rod headers (made by hedman husler)? The tubes on the driver side are touching the plug wires on 2 cyls. They (BRP) were very helpful when taking my order, but have not been very helpful since finding out the header clearance to plug wire is an issue (even though their site claims 100% satisfaction). They were supposedly going to contact Hedman, but I have left numerous emails and voicemails without any additional response since the first one when they said it doesn't sound right that the wires are that close. Any advice on getting them to respond would be appreciated. I've been waiting on a response for almost 3 weeks now.
-Chad
Old 06-18-2013, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's probably as simple as changing to a different plug wire end(angled). Headers will many many times get in the way of plug wires.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed^
Old 06-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
That's probably as simple as changing to a different plug wire end(angled). Headers will many many times get in the way of plug wires.
The long tube version by the same mfg that were on the car didn't have the issue and that is why I am questioning these. The other major issue is the lack of follow-up from the Company (BRP).

What plug wires would you recommend?

-Thanks
Chad
Old 06-19-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nomadchad
The long tube version by the same mfg that were on the car didn't have the issue and that is why I am questioning these. The other major issue is the lack of follow-up from the Company (BRP).

What plug wires would you recommend?

-Thanks
Chad

I was getting ready to answer you but read your latest post. Sounds like you have the mid-length headers. I have the long tube versions and there is no problem at all on my car. Like was said above maybe look into a different set of plug wires. I am running the Granatelli brand but not sure how they would work in your situation.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989GTA
I was getting ready to answer you but read your latest post. Sounds like you have the mid-length headers. I have the long tube versions and there is no problem at all on my car. Like was said above maybe look into a different set of plug wires. I am running the Granatelli brand but not sure how they would work in your situation.
I have a set of each. Long tube on one car and mid on the other. I used angled plug wire ends and didn't have a problem. It's a simple fix if the OP will put some thought into it.

Quick Reply: Muscle Rod Headers and BRP Hotrods - customer service