Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

408 build

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 408 build

We'll my motor is giving up on me and it's time to do a motor. I want to do a nitrous built 408 with ls3 heads. The motor is a carb setup with a Vic. Jr. Intake. I'm new to all of this so I was gonna see what heads you guys are thinking, along with where to have my motor built. I'm trying to keep somewhat of budget so I'm not buying mast heads lol. What do most you of you guys with 408s end up with money wise? The car is a pretty aggressive street car. And the plan is to have Martin at tick spec me a cam, other then That idk what I want to do. Any help and general direction would be nice. I saw Martin helped with a pretty stout 408 with some gmpp heads that made some damn good power on the dope. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Call Legend Racing and talk to Steve, or Erik at HKE. I would do something like an Eagle Rotating Assemble, some nice Nitrous Pistons, and a set of L92s to top it off. With a healthy enough cam I could see 500rwhp without spray.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silverls1z28ofdeath
We'll my motor is giving up on me and it's time to do a motor. I want to do a nitrous built 408 with ls3 heads. The motor is a carb setup with a Vic. Jr. Intake. I'm new to all of this so I was gonna see what heads you guys are thinking, along with where to have my motor built. I'm trying to keep somewhat of budget so I'm not buying mast heads lol. What do most you of you guys with 408s end up with money wise? The car is a pretty aggressive street car. And the plan is to have Martin at tick spec me a cam, other then That idk what I want to do. Any help and general direction would be nice. I saw Martin helped with a pretty stout 408 with some gmpp heads that made some damn good power on the dope. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!

408 with l92 heads and a cam spec from Martin will make 500 for sure. Those guys know what they are doing and there builds speak for themselves.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 AM
On The Tree

Whose heads is everyone running and what kind of money should I be looking at to do a 408 setup?
Old 10-29-2013, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

Wow I just realized I posted this in the wrong section hopefully the motor gurus come over to external engine too
Old 10-29-2013, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A set of Advanced Inductions Ported L92 heads with a Victor Jr. would be a good start. I would say you would be around 10-12K for just the longblock.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DEFYANT
A set of Advanced Inductions Ported L92 heads with a Victor Jr. would be a good start. I would say you would be around 10-12K for just the longblock.
Holy **** I don't think I can swing that I may need to be changing my motor plans
Old 10-29-2013, 12:58 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Holy **** I don't think I can swing that I may need to be changing my motor plans
$10-12k is pretty high for a long block. You could do the 408 and throw on a set of stock L92's and intake, then have a cam spec'd out with the supporting valvetrain. I wouldn't expect much more than $7k for the whole thing.

Then spray the **** out it.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Green Z28? That was for sure an impressive combo. The car weighs 3600-3700 pounds, and even at that weight should be a monster on the race track.

Making 500rwhp through a stalled auto should be no problem with that set-up as I've helped others accomplish this before.

It will run very well at the track too. Anything I can help with let me know.

That combo used SDPC CNC LS3 heads FWIW.

I've used the Ai LS3 heads with great results as well.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Green Z28? That was for sure an impressive combo. The car weighs 3600-3700 pounds, and even at that weight should be a monster on the race track.

Making 500rwhp through a stalled auto should be no problem with that set-up as I've helped others accomplish this before.

It will run very well at the track too. Anything I can help with let me know.

That combo used SDPC CNC LS3 heads FWIW.

I've used the Ai LS3 heads with great results as well.
Just the person I wanted to hear from, what was the bottom end setup on that green z28?

Quick Reply: 408 build