Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Headers for 2006 GTO 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Headers for 2006 GTO 6.0

First off I'm a newb around here and I've had my GTO for about 6 months now. The car came with the SLP Loudmouth II cat back system on it which I've been pretty pleased with since I've had the car. I know a lot of the goat fans praise Kooks headers for the quality and performance they provide but I like the idea of the SLP Headers bolting up to the exhaust I already have. My question to you guys is what are the pro's and con's of the SLP headers? There is not a HUGE difference between the cost of the Kooks and SLP stuff just the ease of bolting them together. Any info you guys can provide regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

Pro: They are very nicely made. finish work on their welds is top notch. Ceramic coated inside and out is always a plus.

Con: Price, price, PRICE!! The cost of those headers is too damn high?!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 95TAJade
Pro: They are very nicely made. finish work on their welds is top notch. Ceramic coated inside and out is always a plus. Con: Price, price, PRICE!! The cost of those headers is too damn high?!
They are high but anything that comes with the cats and everything is about the same price or higher...plus I've saved up to afford it...I'm glad to hear that the quality is up to par with their other stuff thanks for the reply!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stephen Ray Starkey
First off I'm a newb around here and I've had my GTO for about 6 months now. The car came with the SLP Loudmouth II cat back system on it which I've been pretty pleased with since I've had the car. I know a lot of the goat fans praise Kooks headers for the quality and performance they provide but I like the idea of the SLP Headers bolting up to the exhaust I already have. My question to you guys is what are the pro's and con's of the SLP headers? There is not a HUGE difference between the cost of the Kooks and SLP stuff just the ease of bolting them together. Any info you guys can provide regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
Been running Kooks for 9 years and they look just as good they day I installed them. I've seen the competition Kooks is the best.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got hooker headers for mine. I loved them. Never had any issues.

However it sounds like the SLP will be easier to work with.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the feedback
Old 01-31-2014, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

All header manufactors headers will bolt up to your catback when you use their mid pipes. headers to mid-pipe to catback.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of 1 3/4 SLP headers that I was looking to sell. They came with my donor motor. They have a couple dings from when they shipped the engine but are otherwise in pretty good shape. PM me if you're interested, I can send pics.

Quick Reply: SLP Headers for 2006 GTO 6.0