Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for a e38 pcm & TCM harness for swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questions for a e38 pcm & TCM harness for swap

So I have a new side project I'm doing, I have a 2008 e38 pcm w/tcm harness that I'm doing that will be going in a full size 70's blazer; a lot of the info I got was from lt1swap dot com on what wires to remove for basic swaps.

However I have several questions.

For one, the 2008 6.2 engine that the harness came with has had the mechanical portions of its displacement on demand removed, on lt1swap it does not mention what wires that are needed to be removed if d.o.d is no longer being used.

Another thing is, on the OBDII port, I know that the e38 pcm uses CAN bus on pins 6 & 14 the OBDII port, but on the same OBDII port it has the old-school purple wire on pin 2 and looking at the PCM I don't see that wire in the pin out, just the CAN bus wires going to the TCM and then back out the TCM to the OBDII port. I'm assuming I don't need the purple wire on pin 2 since the pcm uses the CAN bus for scanning/flashing?

Last edited by AnimeFunTV; 07-14-2018 at 01:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-14-2018, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Exactly no need for the purple wire. Just use the 2 canbus wires. Also the dod stuff can be turned off in the tune.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
Exactly no need for the purple wire. Just use the 2 canbus wires. Also the dod stuff can be turned off in the tune.
I know the DOD can be turned off via PCM Tune and it will, however since the engine ALSO has the DOD components removed (ie. DOD/AFM Delete kit), I'm assuming the connector and its wiring to the PCM is not needed as well, correct?
Old 07-20-2022, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
If that wire in pin 2 isn’t removed, can it cause a scanner to not read the pcm ?

Quick Reply: Questions for a e38 pcm & TCM harness for swap