Questions for a e38 pcm & TCM harness for swap - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for a e38 pcm & TCM harness for swap

Old 07-14-2018, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

Default Questions for a e38 pcm & TCM harness for swap

So I have a new side project I'm doing, I have a 2008 e38 pcm w/tcm harness that I'm doing that will be going in a full size 70's blazer; a lot of the info I got was from lt1swap dot com on what wires to remove for basic swaps.

However I have several questions.

For one, the 2008 6.2 engine that the harness came with has had the mechanical portions of its displacement on demand removed, on lt1swap it does not mention what wires that are needed to be removed if d.o.d is no longer being used.

Another thing is, on the OBDII port, I know that the e38 pcm uses CAN bus on pins 6 & 14 the OBDII port, but on the same OBDII port it has the old-school purple wire on pin 2 and looking at the PCM I don't see that wire in the pin out, just the CAN bus wires going to the TCM and then back out the TCM to the OBDII port. I'm assuming I don't need the purple wire on pin 2 since the pcm uses the CAN bus for scanning/flashing?

Last edited by AnimeFunTV; 07-14-2018 at 02:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-14-2018, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exactly no need for the purple wire. Just use the 2 canbus wires. Also the dod stuff can be turned off in the tune.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brandon6.0 View Post
Exactly no need for the purple wire. Just use the 2 canbus wires. Also the dod stuff can be turned off in the tune.
I know the DOD can be turned off via PCM Tune and it will, however since the engine ALSO has the DOD components removed (ie. DOD/AFM Delete kit), I'm assuming the connector and its wiring to the PCM is not needed as well, correct?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions for a e38 pcm & TCM harness for swap

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: