Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current rate on a used and cammed LS3 engine and procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current rate on a used and cammed LS3 engine and procharger?

Hey folks,

I'll be de-modding my car in a few months, and I was curious what my engine and procharger kit would fetch for prices.

My LS3 was purchased new (crate engine) from summit racing 1.5 years ago, and I installed a cam motion blower cam, BTR spring kit, ARP head bolts, straub rockers and stage 1 heads from tune time performance (the heads were used on the old engine, but were reconditioned and assembled by a highly respected machine shop locally). I paid 5850 for the engine (and I noticed the price has gone way up since then lol). I put about 10k on the engine since I installed it, and recently switched to synthetic oil. Runs fantastic. What could I get for it? 6K?

As for the procharger, it's a D1SC kit for a G8 GT with an upgraded BOV. I'll be rebuilding the blower before I sell it (leaks oil) and reconditioning the intercooler piping (flaking paint, dirty etc.). I work at a drivetrain shop, and I have access to shop presses and all the tools to properly install seals and bearings. I see new kits going for close to 7, so maybe 5K?

I also have bolt ons and misc mods to sell off, but I think I can figure those out. I'm just curious about the "big ticket" stuff.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 131 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Wotgtp
Hey folks,

I'll be de-modding my car in a few months, and I was curious what my engine and procharger kit would fetch for prices.

My LS3 was purchased new (crate engine) from summit racing 1.5 years ago, and I installed a cam motion blower cam, BTR spring kit, ARP head bolts, straub rockers and stage 1 heads from tune time performance (the heads were used on the old engine, but were reconditioned and assembled by a highly respected machine shop locally). I paid 5850 for the engine (and I noticed the price has gone way up since then lol). I put about 10k on the engine since I installed it, and recently switched to synthetic oil. Runs fantastic. What could I get for it? 6K?
For a 10K-mile LS3 that sat under a supercharger? Maybe $4K is closer to reality.

Understand that unless the buyer is going with a blower, they will likely want to swap out the cam (and springs) and possibly the heads, too....depending on the combustion chamber size.

Jus' sayin'.....

KW
Old 07-18-2018, 05:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

on used stuff of any type, I always use the 50 cents on the dollar and then start haggling from there, after all it's used, very low mileage Nissan frontier 5 years old $22500 new{widow sticker} new tires, dealer tells me thy will give me $8000, good luck getting 6K used when you paid 5850 new
Old 07-18-2018, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 131 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by cmysix
......good luck getting 6K used when you paid 5850 new
And you won't be getting market price reimbursement for your upgrades either unless they are exactly what a potential buyer wants AND he/she is REAL excited about finding those parts already installed.

KW

Quick Reply: Current rate on a used and cammed LS3 engine and procharger?