Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Block Off Plate

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019 | 07:08 PM
TECH Junkie
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by InfamousRacing
This is actually the spot I was talking about. Trying to find a PN for the fitting/hose and having a difficult time doing that. Might just have to stop into the stealership and get it. I might end up using this as my brake booster fitting depending on the size of the nipple. Ideally I'd use the port on the back of the manifold but my intake is pretty tight up to the firewall so it may not be an option.
If you can't get it figured out let me know, I can see if I have one in my shop, If I do I can send it just for the cost of shipping. If your really stuck I'm not to far from my old employer and I know they have one out in the yard somewhere and I can grab it for you at cost plus shipping.
Just let me know.
Old 09-16-2019 | 08:26 PM
ModSquad
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by kingtal0n
The agenda is: "correctly identify myths & bad information using experience, college coursework, and by comparing data with OEM systems and high performance applications"

when I make a post, and people say "you're wrong" without any supporting evidence, they don't get banned or removed. and I never complain or care.
But when I say something is wrong, and provide evidence, I get banned for providing evidence and data/details. From multiple locations and OEM manufacturers no less.
Because the information is soo long nobody wants to read it. So they just skip it and say "you're wrong" this from 3-4 members here only I noticed, the same ones.
No other forum has this trouble with 3-4 members. It's always the same crowd.

The issue is the 3 to 4 dolts typing "you're wrong" after I present evidence provided by OEM manufacturers and variety of aftermarket companies.
It's not even my data they are disagreeing with, It's the Original manufacturers systems I am presenting and three or four people are calling it 'wrong' LOL

It is confusing to the novices and noobs who do not understand that those same 3-4 people are just 'haters' and disagree with everything I post no matter what.

For example I made a casual comment about how 4.8L to 6L engines iron are for "turbocharger only"
And immediately get all kinds of "HES WRONG" even though the statement is literally, obviously an opinion only and cannot possibly be 'wrong'.

If you want, just ban all the PhD / MS (mechanical/electrical) engineering from your forum, you can't see the stars through a damn telescope and your reaction is to burn the witch
I don't get why you want your forum members to be full of 1980's knowledge. But that's between you and whatever gods are watching.

coursework I bring to the forum , I tutor about half of this still $60/hr if you need it

BSC 1085 HUM AN/PHY I A
BSC 1085L HUM ANA PHY I_LAB A
CHM 1045 GEN CHEM I A
SPC 1600 PUB SPEAKING B
BSC 1086 HUM ANA PHY II A
BSC 1086L HUM ANA PHY II LAB A
CHM 1046 GEN CHEM II A
CHM 1046L GEN CHM LB II B
CHM 2210 ORGANIC CHM I A
CHM 2210L ORG CHM LAB I A
CHM 2211 ORGANIC CHM II A
CHM 2211L ORG CHM LAB II A
ECO 2013 MACROECONOMICS B
ECO 2023 MICROECONOMICS A
MAC 1105 COLL ALGEBRA A
MAT 1033 INTER ALGEBRA A
MAC 1114 TRIGONOMETRY A
MAC 1140 PRE CAL ALG A
MAC 2311 CAL/ANL GEO I A
PHY 2053 PHYSICS I B
PHY 2053L GEN PHYS I LAB B
PHY 2054 GEN PHYSICS II B
PHY 2054L GEN PHYS II LB A
MAC 2312 CAL/ANL GEO II A
BSC 2011L INTRO TO BIO II LAB B
BCH 3033 Boca Raton UG Biochemistry 1 B
CHM 3400 Boca Raton UG Intro to Physical Chemistry A-
CHM 3609 Boca Raton UG Inorganic Chemistry B
CHM 3609L Boca Raton UG Inorganic Chemistry Lab B
PCB 3063 Davie UG Genetics A-
PCB 4023 Davie UG Molecular and Cell Biology B-
PCB 4043 Davie UG Principles of Ecology B
PCB 4233 Davie UG Immunology B
PSY 3234 Davie UG Exp Design & Stat Inference A
BSC 4806 Davie UG Biology of Cancer B+
MCB 4203 Davie UG Medical Bacteriology B+
PCB 3703 Davie UG Human Morphology & Function 1 B
PCB 3703L Davie UG Human Morph & Function 1 Lab B+
PCB 4843C Boca Raton UG Practical Cell Neuroscience A-
MCB 3020 General Microbiology B-
BCH 6740 Advanced Biochemistry B-
BME 6762 Bioinformatics: Bioeng Perspec A-
PSB 6345 Neuroscience 1 A
BME 5000 Intro to Bioengineering A
BSC 6936 Adv Biotechnology Lab B
CEN 6405 Computer Performance Modeling A-
CHM 6157 Instrumentation B
EEL 6935 Tissue Engineering A
PCB 6207 Advanced Cell Physiology A
BME 5742 Biosystems Modeling & Control A
BME 6905 Ebola Induced Responses A
EGN 3311 Statics B+
EGN 3321 Dynamics B
EGN 3343 Engineering Thermodynamics A-
EGN 3331 Strength of Materials B+
BME 6105 Boca Raton GR Biomaterials
EML 6716 Boca Raton GR Advanced Fluid Dynamics
EML 3701 Fluid Mechanics A
EGM 6533 Advanced Strength of Materials
PHY2049 + L GENERAL PHYSICS II (W/CALCULUS) + LAB
EML 6317 Advanced Control Systems
EOC 5172 Mathematical Mthds in OE
EGN 4432 Dynamic Systems
MAP 2302 Differential equations
STA 4032 Probability and statistics for engineers

B.S. M.S. PhD
Cumulative:

skills & interests
• Gasoline automotive technician/auto drivetrain repair and maintenance, 20 years’ experience
Example1
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ge-budget.html
• General Diagnostics, flow chart, making lists, being responsible with lists
• Tig welding aluminum, cutting and cleaning pipe, advanced machine shop fabrication culture
• math tutor for intermediate algebra through calculus
• lawn service, tree & plant cutting, small machine handling and maintenance, digging holes, fixing small engines, clean liquids, updated materials, innovation where needed
• 20 years computer technician/programming experience
• A+ Comptia certified since 16 years old (computer hardware & software repair)
• very early on developed basic computer hardware skills in order to understand game physics, 3D graphic engines, network administration, virus control/removal strategy, OS prevalence
• Cleanliness (cleaner than that)
• Photoshop, Adobe 22+ years experience (since high school)
• Computer thinking-ability, good at keeping track of variables in code, of working out solution in code before writing it, and thinking of ways to use simple code to achieve desired results.
• Being a very nice person and sensitive to others emotional states and conditions, everybody is different and unique
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment (worth mentioning twice) the blade can be too sharp. Good grip on what sort of atomic surfaces working with, sterility.
• Debugging. find every single bug, test every system in every possible orientation. Creating a robust system that can be abused and still function fine, doesn’t care how bad you force it to accept characters, garbage, it won’t crash just because you inject foreign code, someone got funny idea to try and crash an expensive, would be delicate system. I thought of it already.
• Keeping it simple. Being aware of the dangers of both increasing or reducing complexity, and risk. Ever since witnessing a bridge collapse, can only think about how sure it could have been prevented.
• Running equipment properly and being aware of the state and upkeep of tools and the harmonics of machines in general. Not using faulty equipment without realizing it, not taking numbers or data from sensors and sources that doesn’t make any sense without questioning it, and so forth. Not being easily fooled! I always assume I am wrong.
• hardware drivers, frequency response, closed/open loop operation in dynamic systems
• experience with automotive microprocessor&driver control of internal combustion engine, trigger, magnetic/hall pickup shielded from EMI as shown on an oscilloscope to identify individual cylinder order for fuel and spark properly at high RPM.
• nuclear magnetic resonance, mass spec, liquid chromatography, western blot, PCR, &c majority of individual molecular/atomic & DNA analysis available to university, inventive - Instrumentation singularity
• matlab modelling, elegant design strategy, optimization techniques, think outside the outside box to get something smooth efficient and crashless (robust)
• electronics basic circuitry, RC layout pcb, 555 timer, CMOS, rectifier diodes, transformers, zener diodes, beginner stuff still learning how to assemble circuit board
• light microscopy and digital imagery processing/clarification, going pixel by pixel with code to distinguish what is showing on viewing screen in order to make decisions (programming code which may act in place of a human to do actions in the environment or on a computer screen... many applications $)
• anatomy & physiology, almost every chemistry (inorganic chem, biochem, gen chem, environmental chem, orgo chem, physical chem) properties of atoms
• advanced cellular physiology, varied dramatic mechanisms, internal cell mechanics
• object oriented programing and visual basic applications
• elucidate structures using bioinformatics and memorizing atomic positions for catalytic behaviors
• Bodybuilder techniques for properly gaining weight, and losing it, naturally
• Joint and health maintenance, building strong bones & joints with exercise
• control applications, microprocessor behaviors and coding output frequency driver robust systems

examples of cars done

I recently put together and tuned some LS engine but everyone already knows that now or should

the internet is a very large place and the discussion and results continues whether you like it or not.
Geesh KT...if I were a 100th as smart as you, I’d be a billionaire. But I’m only good at 3 things. You are indeed the man...LOL.
Old 09-16-2019 | 09:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Geesh KT...if I were a 100th as smart as you, I’d be a billionaire. But I’m only good at 3 things. You are indeed the man...LOL.
I wish to apologize to you. I know this is not an easy job and wouldn't blame you one bit for not wanting me to post here without knowing why I do so.
I am trying to provide the cushion which will exist once I am truly gone for good
When I step away one of the things I want people on LS1tech to automatically understand that they can modify/use their air filter tract to provide additional or fewer level of crankcase intervention.
I want them to intuitively understand that pressure can be measured anywhere, using a cheap sensor, even in the crankcase, and that it is intimately tied to performance and should never be overlooked.
They need to see that the crankcase is just like the exhaust manifold. It has pressure, temperature, conditionals which affect the outcome/performance of the engine.
Stuff happens in there- way more than happens in the exhaust. And yet we have exhaust gas/pressure sensors but no crankcase pressure sensors, nobody even heard of that yet.

opinion
millions and billions isn't worth anything. Health (tissue quality and function) is priceless.
More money, we humans drink ourselves to death. Eat ourselves into oblivion. Endless supply of compounds, thrills, party time leads to ablated neural and refractory conditionals (they stop getting 'high', can't have 'excitement', life is gray, dull, overdosed)

I think part of happiness is in the sine wave, the have then not have, ebb and flow of a tide.
Go one day with very little food then enjoy food more the next day. Go without sleep for a bit then really enjoy sleeping later.
Go without lifting weights for a couple weeks, then perform the lifts you've been training up to after the long recovery.
Go without _______________ for as long as you can, and become the purist form of hunter that exists for ________________.

Life has more meaning when you finally get what you've been looking for, after a reasonable struggle.
Nothing is handed to anybody that will appreciate it fully, unless they've already been without it and understand the significance of what they've been handed.
The following users liked this post:
Matt_ws6 (09-18-2019)
Old 09-22-2019 | 04:37 AM
TECH Addict

Man yall just messed this thread all up. Who cares about pcv valves etc. A dummy knows what they do and are needed for. Keep them or loose them your choice. Ive ran them either way without issues.

Quick Reply: PCV Block Off Plate