Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls7 flow-thru fuel rails

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls7 flow-thru fuel rails

Ok, got the 7 massaged into the 69 thru ingenuity and some creative CC and R. Problem: want flow-thru fuel rails, ie Aeromotive type. need to use Ls7 injectors at 58 psi with a ext. pressure relief valve. Ls7 intake and connectors. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss dave
Ok, got the 7 massaged into the 69 thru ingenuity and some creative CC and R. Problem: want flow-thru fuel rails, ie Aeromotive type. need to use Ls7 injectors at 58 psi with a ext. pressure relief valve. Ls7 intake and connectors. Any ideas? Thanks
The way I understand it, the "returnless" system keeps the fuel cooler...thus, less emissions from gas fumes. Seems like a long way to go for just a little less polution?

You can't use the stock system? Just put a regulator (T over to it) on the pressure side and run the return from the regulator to the tank. I have been told to put the regulator as close to the rail as possible. I hope this will work, as it's the setup I will be using.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Needs to finish car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Scott, you're back; it's been a long time since I've seen you post. How's the Ultima coming along?

Dave, I am working on a '68 Camaro with an LS7 swap, and I was wanting to switch to aftermarket rails for appearance. I actually talked to Nasty Performance yesterday about this. He can build the exact rails your talking about, but he has not had an LS7 intake there to mock them up. I am not sure if I have the time to spare on my project to do this. That could be an option for you, but if you decide to go that way, let me know so there's not two intakes there.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

Dave, if it's cosmetic, you may have to bite the bullet and purchase an aftermarket rail kit...if they are available. The Aeromotive regulator can handle the pressure. The result is the same, but you put the regulator on the return line between the exit port on the rail and the tank.

Chris, just been lurking. Started working on the GTR again. Hope to be on the road in July.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ET is due to start making aftermarket LS7 rails real soon. PM Cary, he can fill you in.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chris442
Scott, you're back; it's been a long time since I've seen you post. How's the Ultima coming along?

Dave, I am working on a '68 Camaro with an LS7 swap, and I was wanting to switch to aftermarket rails for appearance. I actually talked to Nasty Performance yesterday about this. He can build the exact rails your talking about, but he has not had an LS7 intake there to mock them up. I am not sure if I have the time to spare on my project to do this. That could be an option for you, but if you decide to go that way, let me know so there's not two intakes there.
Did Nasty give you an estimated price for the rails??
Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

FYI I just got off the phone with Nate and I am sending him my manifold tomorrow so he can work on the fuel rails... Hope this helps everyone!!

Last edited by Stang's Bane; 04-12-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling owns me...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Needs to finish car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool. Honestly, I forgot to ask about a price, lol. Are you using the stock LS7 injectors? If not, I may have to send him a couple of mine.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

No, I am using Mototron 60 #. They will be quite a bit taller, I don't know how that will effect the rest of it though...
Old 04-21-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm readdressing this post. Went with the Fast rails to make the system work. According to the Kinsler guys a parallel system eliminates possible air, gives twice the flow capacity, reduces fuel velocity and achieves the best cylinder to cylinder distribution- especially critical to the last fed cylinder. They recommend it in hi HP applications. Couldn't use stock LS7 injections with this rail-too short. Went with Bosch 44.5# injectors. Looks great, more filling!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

I have an intake here we are working on a set should have something in a couple weeks.

Nate

Quick Reply: Ls7 flow-thru fuel rails