Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP Front Distributor Setup.. Opinions Anybody???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 02:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going with a remote Meziere pump myself so that clearance issue for me is no longer a problem. Also to avoid the cost of a Jesel timing belt setup to drive a beltdrive distributor and the cost of a dry sump system when doing so I am building my own custom wet chain/belt drive distributor setup. Now I can run a Programmable Digital 7 on my blow thru carb setup. I think this will warrent a reliable, cost effective means of controlling my spark.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
I talked to a guy from Tennessee on the phone that was VERY helpful with this.. He answered all of my questions and also gave me the "do's and don'ts" as well.

He said that the dowel pin thing is bullshit and will end up eating up the key way in your $450 dollar balancer. Luckily I have a Callies crank and its already got a key way in it. He said he loves the setup and he uses a MSD 7531 and everything works perfectly. He is running an iron 402 with ported 6.0L heads, solid roller, 950 HP carb, powerglide with 4.30's full suspension and a 175 shot and knocking down 5.70's in 105 degree weather on 275/60's!!!!

Sounds like it works pretty damn good to me..

This sounds similar to my setup. 402 ls2 ls6 patriot castings 650lift hyd. roller with carb conversiona and front cover pg and 4.10s going 5.55 best pass to date. wegner automotive sells the w/p spacers for an oem water pump but u wont be able to line the belt back up with it. They also sell a w/p and drive for that conversion like i run on mine. I tried to run the meziere elctric with their spacers but it wont clear the front cover. My crank is pinned with ati's kit wih no problems so far along withtheir balancer. I have to say that i ran the msd 6010 box last year and hated it. it was a pain in my *** all year. this was the best thing i have ever done to my car. The msd distibutor is p/n 8579 small cap ford 302 dist. And just by a bb chevy fuel pump block off for the fuel pump mounting hole

Quick Reply: GMPP Front Distributor Setup.. Opinions Anybody???