Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has best deal on L92 heads?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"One more enthusiast who knows that L92 is not necessarily the BEST head available."

Who's saying they are the BEST moron? They are a great flowing factory head that is CHEAP. Very much cheaper then the AFR's, sure the afr's are a better head all around, but they cost over twice as much. Most people are trying to go as fast as they can for as cheap as they can, thats what hot rodding is all about. Get a clue KID.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:04 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

L92's are the future. Great heads and even better when Vengeance has thier LS3 head out very soon.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texas Speed has the cheapest deal on L92 heads. Also if you can afford it you should have Patrick G set them up and custom grind you a cam to match it you won't dissapointed
Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

foreal if you wana get nasty and you want serious power get the trickflow 235's you'll spend more but you get what you pay for i'm still stock cube till next year but i'll hit up a pair of 215's with a 92/92 then the 235's when i build the 427. . . . www.totalengineairflow.com call them on heads and Pat G for a cam
Old 09-30-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSWNDR
Texas Speed has the cheapest deal on L92 heads. Also if you can afford it you should have Patrick G set them up and custom grind you a cam to match it you won't dissapointed

Cheap being the key word.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

i loved my stock l92 heads im looking to goto a set of ported ones now with a lil more cam shaft so this thread has been helpful

so tsp heads arnt that good ?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:16 AM

Personally I have bought many parts from TSP and never had a problem. I wouldnt hesitate to grab thier cnc'd L92's. Im just waiting to see what Vengeance puts out (pwr/$$) with thier heads since I have thier LS3 cam. Who has had a problem with TSP L92's? Anyone? Doubt it.

This is how a bad reputation gets started on the internet. If Vengeance heads are $$, I will have TSP heads myself.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Personally I have bought many parts from TSP and never had a problem. I wouldnt hesitate to grab thier cnc'd L92's. Im just waiting to see what Vengeance puts out (pwr/$$) with thier heads since I have thier LS3 cam. Who has had a problem with TSP L92's? Anyone? Doubt it.

This is how a bad reputation gets started on the internet. If Vengeance heads are $$, I will have TSP heads myself.

You get what you pay for.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by 2c5s

I figured it would be a general cliche. Let me guess, Patriot L92's (soon to be released) will be poor performers too since they will be affordable. What you are saying is if someone spends an etra $500-1000, they are going to have more power, 100% of the time. Not so true these days. Who in thier right mind isnt concerned with performance per dollar.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

I figured it would be a general cliche. Let me guess, Patriot L92's (soon to be released) will be poor performers too since they will be affordable. What you are saying is if someone spends an etra $500-1000, they are going to have more power, 100% of the time. Not so true these days. Who in thier right mind isnt concerned with performance per dollar.
No, what I'm saying is directly related to TSP. Performance per dollar is one thing, buying cheap junk is another. I think you should buy TSP heads, you sound like you deserve them.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:43 AM

No, what I'm saying is directly related to TSP. Performance per dollar is one thing, buying cheap junk is another. I think you should buy TSP heads, you sound like you deserve them.
My concern as a Mod here is that you are dragging TSP's (a sponsor here) name through the mud and I asked what your gripe was and all you said was " you get what you pay for " with no detail outlining your bad TSP expericnce and then you attempt to insult me like a child. The exact aittitude that offers nothing to LS1tech when someone is making a decision to buy something from the vendors. Good job, I will be sure to get your advice since it is so detailed on the pros and cons of TSP's products.

Lets try it AGAIN.

Me, I have had great success with TSP in the past. Their L92 have also shown hp gain when they tested them and atleast 1 other member I know of on here had positive tested results.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=6.0+233/239

Im sure 6 pages of proof will outweigh your stupid azz BS.

Now what specfic problems did YOU have with TSP products?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

My concern as a Mod here is that you are dragging TSP's (a sponsor here) name through the mud and I asked what your gripe was and all you said was " you get what you pay for " with no detail outlining your bad TSP expericnce and then you attempt to insult me like a child. The exact aittitude that offers nothing to LS1tech when someone is making a decision to buy something from the vendors. Good job, I will be sure to get your advice since it is so detailed on the pros and cons of TSP's products.

Lets try it AGAIN.

Me, I have had great success with TSP in the past. Their L92 have also shown hp gain when they tested them and atleast 1 other member I know of on here had positive tested results.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=6.0+233/239

Im sure 6 pages of proof will outweigh your stupid azz BS.

Now what specfic problems did YOU have with TSP products?
You asked what my gripe was??? Hmmm, I must have missed that. As far as dragging their name through the mud, commenting that they are cheap is mud slinging?

As a mod, calling my comment's stupid azz is a great reflection on who the azz is.

I've owned plenty of TSP product along with numerous friends. Two shortblocks and two set's of cylinder heads personaly. Garbage porting, garbage valve job, gigantic port size and flow numbers a BIT shy of advertised. Crap crank machining, crap tolerance on rings and bearings, crap block clearancing causing one shortblock to self destruct. It's cheap for a reason and you get what you pay for. I could care less about 6 pages of TSP cheerleading. There is plenty of post's to support my claims, unless they have been removed.

Let's hear about all the TSP product you have owned........
Old 10-01-2008, 12:17 PM

You asked what my gripe was??? Hmmm, I must have missed that. As far as dragging their name through the mud, commenting that they are cheap is mud slinging?

As a mod, calling my comment's stupid azz is a great reflection on who the azz is.

I've owned plenty of TSP product along with numerous friends. Two shortblocks and two set's of cylinder heads personaly. Garbage porting, garbage valve job, gigantic port size and flow numbers a BIT shy of advertised. Crap crank machining, crap tolerance on rings and bearings, crap block clearancing causing one shortblock to self destruct. It's cheap for a reason and you get what you pay for. I could care less about 6 pages of TSP cheerleading. There is plenty of post's to support my claims, unless they have been removed.

Let's hear about all the TSP product you have owned........
3 cams, push rods, springs and 1 set of heads with no issues what so ever and soon a shortblock and they have excellent customer service. Saying thier stuff is "cheap junk" is exactly mud slinging. Im sure, for them, not having you as a customer is a good thing.

Just curious, who installed these terrible parts? No operator error at all eh?

Last edited by JayplaySS; 10-01-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

3 cams, push rods, springs and 1 set of heads with no issues what so ever and soon a shortblock and they have excellent customer service. Saying thier stuff is "cheap junk" is exactly mud slinging. I sure, for them, not having you as a customer is a good thing.
Excellent customer service until you check up on their work. Ever pour thier heads or flow them? I'm sure you're just the customer they are lookng for.....
Old 10-01-2008, 12:46 PM

Its clear 2c5's does not like TSP. He does like the smilies though.

I would have no problem buying anything else from TSP and anyone who is looking for affordable L92's should give them a PM or call and search the posts and come to your own conclusion.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

Just curious, who installed these terrible parts? No operator error at all eh?

I just noticed your feeble attempt to discredit my comments. I installed my parts, my friends installed thier own. My mechanical ability is not the question.
TSP's ability to provide a competant product is. If you would like to discuss how my installation of TSP product caused "Garbage porting, garbage valve job, gigantic port size and flow numbers a BIT shy of advertised. Crap crank machining, crap tolerance on rings and bearings, crap block clearancing causing one shortblock to self destruct." these lapses of quality, fire away.

Either you can't read or you have zero mechanical ability/knowledge to suggest an install could cause these problems. Thanks for playing, you did'em proud!!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

I would have no problem buying anything else from TSP and anyone who is looking for affordable L92's should give them a PM or call and search the posts and come to your own conclusion.
Nice comercial, are you getting a moderator discount price?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:56 PM

Nice comercial, are you getting a moderator discount price?

No but thats cute.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

No but thats cute.

Riiiiggggghhhhtttttttt
Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

thats right x2

seems the problem is who ever invented that word cheap is to blame-

Thanks

Quick Reply: Who has best deal on L92 heads?