Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Norris Motorpsorts - VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body Available - $139 Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Norris Motorpsorts - VMax CNC Ported TB Available - $139 Shipped - Ends Oct 19th!!

Hey All,

I have been working with Pete Incaudo and he has finished up the CNC version of his ported TB for the LS2, LS3 and LS7. When I did some dyno testing for Pete and Corvette Enthusiast magazine we saw about an 8-10 HP and 7-8 TQ gain on a stock 2008 Z06. The gains were very close to the same whether it had a stock program or after tuning. The nice part was that no ther tuning was required after the install. The A/F barely changed.

Each unit is CNC machined and then hand finished and tested. There will also be serial number on each unit for verification.

This intro pricing is good till Oct 19th at midnight Eastern Daylight Savings Time and will be $139 shipped plus the core fee as mentioned and normal pricing will be $149. A $200 core fee will be charged until the core is returned. Full core credit will be refunded as long as a usable core is recieved within 14 days after delivery to you.

Due to the potential issues with recieving cores I have come up with this core return policy. Usable cores recieved within 14-21 days will recieve 80% ($160) of the core fee back. Usable cores recieved within 22-30 days will recieve 60% ($120) of the core fee back. Usable cores recieved within 32-60 days will recieve 50% ($100) of the core fee back. After 60 dyas there will be no core refund.

Attached are a couple photos and please feel free if there are any questions. Initially there are about 10 units available at this intro pricing.

For those with a C5 style fly by wire harness and going to a 90mm TB, I also have the proper plug and play harness available. No cutting and splicing of the factory harness.

Thanks.

Mike Norris
Attached Thumbnails Norris Motorpsorts - VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body Available - 9 Shipped-dsc01801.jpg   Norris Motorpsorts - VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body Available - 9 Shipped-dsc01802.jpg   Norris Motorpsorts - VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body Available - 9 Shipped-dsc01803.jpg   Norris Motorpsorts - VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body Available - 9 Shipped-dsc02247.jpg   Norris Motorpsorts - VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body Available - 9 Shipped-dsc02249.jpg  

Last edited by Mike Norris; 10-16-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

freakin sweettttttt... so what if i dont have a core. will it be 200 all together?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,446 Likes on 912 Posts

Originally Posted by hybred-GTO
freakin sweettttttt... so what if i dont have a core. will it be 200 all together?
$339 without a core.

Andrew
Old 09-17-2008, 06:31 AM
FormerVendor

Andrew is so good with math Yes, $339 shipped if you have no core to return. You may be able to find a core cheaper and send it back to us. As long as it is in working condition and good shape you will get a full credit.

Good hanging out with you this past weekend Andrew. Very impressed with the car. I guess I will see you next at PRI.

Mike Norris
Old 09-17-2008, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,446 Likes on 912 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Norris
Andrew is so good with math ....

Good hanging out with you this past weekend Andrew. Very impressed with the car. I guess I will see you next at PRI.

Mike Norris
I be a collag graduete....LOL

Good seeing you again too Mike. I will definitely have to try and make it to PRI. Hanging out with you and John is reason enough, car junk is just a bonus. Do these throttle bodies really make a difference? Will it help on my GTO?

Andrew
Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

I would not say it wpould help the GTO as it runs pretty well, but it will make more HP. But we need to get a VIN in there and get her tuned also.

Talk to you soon.

Mike
Old 09-19-2008, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mike, That thing looks rough as a cob. Maybe it's my monitor but it looks like it has rifling in it and the throttle blade looks just as bad. What's up with that? Is it cut like that to disturb the intake air or what?

RGJ
Old 09-19-2008, 04:38 PM
FormerVendor

You do not hear "rough as a cob" very often. Makes you wonder...

That is the CNC marks and yes it looks like rifling to help promote spin such as the TB spacers folks use. We have found that smoothing the CNC surface makes no change as far as airflow. The blade has normal clean up marks and not a problem.

Now if ypou have marks that are horizontal against the airflow it can be a problem.

Hope this helps.

Mike Norris
Old 09-29-2008, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry Mike I was looking at that second photo and thought what the heck is going on here. I've seen Pete's work in the past and thought this was a picture taken while he was roughing things out and not the finished product. (Take another look at it and you'll see what I mean)

RGJ
Old 09-29-2008, 08:34 AM
FormerVendor

No problem. I see what you mean and the way the light hit it with the flash the blade actually picked up the reflection of the CNC markings in the bore. Such a good picture taker am I

Mike Norris
Old 09-30-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Any results on an LS3?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
FormerVendor

I have not done any LS3 tests yet, but I do have one of my cammed LS3 cars this week or next. I will post the results, but not sure if they will translate the same to a stock one. I would guess on the LS3 cars in stcok form they may be in the 5-8HP gain.

Hope this helps and thanks.

Mike Norris
Old 10-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OneQuickCoupe
Mike, That thing looks rough as a cob. Maybe it's my monitor but it looks like it has rifling in it and the throttle blade looks just as bad. What's up with that? Is it cut like that to disturb the intake air or what?

RGJ
The CNC pattern is the key to these...and I can vouch for the HP gains. There is one test that actually got 14 rwhp on a stock LS2. The different amount of aggressivness is what slows or accelerates the flow depending on the slope of the TB throat & the slight swirl blends it. This makes hand porting obsolete as it not only gives much crisper low-end response, but adds HP as well. And at this price it is killer!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hand porting for shape and contour would increase the area of the size of the transition leading into the throttle blade and in theory would increase total flow numbers, (limiting factor would be the size of the throttle blade). Inducing a swirl pattern into the mix is another subject. I'm no expert but would believe a swirl meter would be required to measure that effect on the bench. All of that collected data would mean nothing if it didn't add HP and Tq to the output. It would be interesting to do back to back tests on the dyno which I'm sure you have done. Can't beat the price if your data is correct.

RGJ
Old 10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OneQuickCoupe
Hand porting for shape and contour would increase the area of the size of the transition leading into the throttle blade and in theory would increase total flow numbers, (limiting factor would be the size of the throttle blade). Inducing a swirl pattern into the mix is another subject. I'm no expert but would believe a swirl meter would be required to measure that effect on the bench. All of that collected data would mean nothing if it didn't add HP and Tq to the output. It would be interesting to do back to back tests on the dyno which I'm sure you have done. Can't beat the price if your data is correct.

RGJ
Mike, ourselves, and several other shops have done back to back tests on both the 75/78 oem & the 90 oem both non-ported & hand-ported. We have seen really no documentable gain in overall HP with the hand ported over stock, but do show small gains in the lower RPM's...but throttle response is deffinately improved, while the CNC pattern shows on average 6-8 rwhp increase with the CNC pattern over the hand ported. And since it takes less time the price is less. Mike lays out some pretty good comparisons & we and others have verified the same.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:01 PM

Do you have any CNC ported LS7 intakes (If such a thing is even possible?)

I think that would be a cool idea to go along with this.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

What is your turn around time for porting TB's once you receive them?

I have had a semi-port job done on my LS2 GTO TB but I know it needs some improvement and a CNC program is just the ticket. I just want to know if it will get completed in time before geting my FAST ported and heads unstalled for tuning.

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

What size is the tb opened to?
Old 10-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ct06gto
What size is the tb opened to?
Blade is still at 90.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:54 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Guys.

I apologize as I forgot about this thread a bit as the shop has been quite busy as well as a bunch of these TB's being sold via the Corvette Forum.

I did do the LS3 cammed car and initially it dyno'd 463.7 RWHP and 421 RWT. A ported inatke was added by the customer and it picked up 10.1 RWHP and 9.5 RWT to get to 473.8 RWHP and 430.5 RWT.

I then added pur CNC ported TB and she went to 480.5 RWHP and 439.4 RWT, but leaned out slightly from 13.0-1 to 13.2-1. I added about 2% fuel across the board and she finished up at 481.3 RWHP and 440.7 RWT for a gain from the TB at 7.3 RWHP and 10.2 RWT. Not bad for $139

Another customer with a 2007 Z06 reported a 11 RWHP and 10 RWT gain with no tuning.

Unfortunately no CNC intakes right now as the material is very "finicky" to say the least and I would not sell it for the gimmick, only if it worked.

If you send me your TB, it would first have to be evaluated to see if it can be cut. Turn around time will cary from 3-5 business days to 10-12 business days and would depend upon the cycle of the CNC process. We need a minimum of 5 TB's to be cut at the same time to maintain this pricing. Sorry to be a bit vague on the time, but i do not want to mislead you.

The opening is still basically at 90mm as it still uses the stock blade in the TB. It is more the airflow "correction" for lack of a better word to the throttle blde seat area. If you get into the seat area too much you can have a idle flare or hang up due to too much airflow at the closed position.

Hope this helps everyone out and thanks.

Mike Norris

Quick Reply: Norris Motorpsorts - VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body Available - $139 Shipped