Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Any word on a F.A.ST Intake for the L92 heads yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this i what i have seen

Testing on a stock LS3 engine with a Big Mouth 102mm Throttle Body produced gains of 14+ horsepower and 11ft/lbs of torque non ported over stock intake TB

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...l92-heads.html

http://www.fuelairspark.com/WhatsNew/

http://www.fuelairspark.com/WhatsNew...kemanifold.pdf

Old 08-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone hear anything lately??
Old 08-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by formula17
anyone hear anything lately??
+1
I want to see what kind of power increases people will get over the stock l76 intake.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

do some research, these have been out for about a month or so now...
Old 08-28-2009, 11:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
Negative. The FAST LS7 intake has been out, but not the LS3 manifold.

Our rep at Comp just told me they are said to be available this coming October. I won't hold my breath since we've been waiting for a couple years now on this piece, but I feel like they should be showing up very soon now! I think they'll be worth the wait!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Deeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr said LS thwee not Ls sevennnnn

You should Know your **** before you make a comment like that jackass
Old 08-28-2009, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

haha i like that!!! yea where the hell is this intake i am trying to make over 500 rwhp with ls3-cam-intake and some stock heads!!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

My contact tells me they're still saying - "middle of September". I not holding my breath.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

Is it out or on its way yet? Seems every date they give gets pushed back later and later. I need one!
Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Street Warrior syndrome?.........
Old 08-29-2009, 08:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Street Warrior syndrome?.........
Its not September yet.

Holley has not addressed anything publicly. Comp came on and layed out exactly what was happening which re ensured me that thats why I just need to wait. It was shown for the first time at SEMA 2008 and PRI 2008 as "Coming next year" I was told at PRI they were shooting for April, then they came on here and said it had gotten pushed back to September, and its not September yet.

I want one just as bad as everyone else, but I dont feel the need to badmouth anyone. I still have my money in my pocket, so Im out nothing....

Why not ask them if your so concerned??? hes says to feel free to ask.

Originally Posted by horsepower
Guys,

Thanks again for all the interest in FAST and for the patience as we bring these intakes to market. I will do my best to answer your questions.

I wasn’t aware of the question to me until Jason emailed me a link - thanks Jason for the heads up. In the future, please PM me or email me directly if you have ANY questions - I'll be more than happy to answer any questions.

First, let me make it clear - we want these manifolds finished as much as all of you, and we are fully committed to these manifolds. There is absolutely no gray area, these manifolds will exist - and we're very close. Internally, all efforts are pushing as hard as we can to get these done and in stock, both LS7 and LS3 versions.

Today, we have the upper shells (common for LS7 and LS3) and lower LS7 and LS3 shells completed. This means shell tooling is finished, proven, and making parts. I have in my hand, production upper and lower LS7 and LS3 shells. Runners are another story; I’ll get to next.

The lower shells are obviously unique to the engine family (LS7, LS3, etc...). They are injection molded parts, shot out of a common master lower tool with "slide inserts specific to each engine family".

The first step, as dictated by the injection molding tool design, is the LS7 part. This is our base lower, and thereby was the first part. The LS3 part is technically a 'version' of the LS7 lower, made specifically to fit the LS3. You will find an interesting fact; all FAST LSXR manifolds will also have LS7 bolt holes (a harmless feature on LS3) in them!

The LS7 runners have a slight head start on the LS3 (maybe a month or two) but both runner designs are finalized and approved for production. The injection mold tools are very complex, and the nature of plastic is such that a tool is fine tuned (like a casting) to adjust for things like shrinkage, fill, and solidification rates. We're in the fine tuning stage right now. When that wraps, the tools will be heat treated (finalized) and scheduled for production. We’re juggling many vendors here (tooling, heat treating, injection mold, etc).

The LS3 version was recently tested at Wegner Motorsports, results are similar to those we've found on LS7; I’ll post those dyno results next.

Guys, I hope this clears up any questions - we're working as hard and fast as we can to get you these parts!

Please contact me if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Brian Reese
Old 08-29-2009, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

I've been waiting too, but went with a new LS3 and then got it ported. Car feels nice but need a tune. I'll wait to see what you guys post as gains before I buy. For the 900 tag I've heard of, it may not be worth it for me if its only 10 hp more than my ported int. It doesn't mean I won't get one, just not jump once they come out. I will say I would've loved to buy one when I did my build.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
Its not September yet.

Holley has not addressed anything publicly. Comp came on and layed out exactly what was happening which re ensured me that thats why I just need to wait. It was shown for the first time at SEMA 2008 and PRI 2008 as "Coming next year" I was told at PRI they were shooting for April, then they came on here and said it had gotten pushed back to September, and its not September yet.

I want one just as bad as everyone else, but I dont feel the need to badmouth anyone. I still have my money in my pocket, so Im out nothing....

Why not ask them if your so concerned??? hes says to feel free to ask.

It's almost like you work for Comp LOL.

You keep saying April. The ORIGINAL release date to the sponsors was Dec 08 for testing and to the public Jan 09. Then it was pushed til April. Then it was pushed to Aug-Sept.

You keep telling yourself whatever you want. If in fact the intakes were coming in September I promise you a sponsor would be on here saying "we got word from FAST today the LS3 intakes will be Sept xxxx-we have placed our initial order, and we will be offering them for $xxxx".
Old 08-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

8BYGOAT, anytime this topic comes up, all your do is **** and moan about FAST this, FAST that. When the LS7-102 was coming out, you were always quick to complain. It comes out, you're quiet as a mouse... I guess you'll ride the L92 intake complain train until it comes out as well.

S10 is right, if they don't have your money, why such a whiner? They have been a great company for the LS marketplace.

Charlie
Old 08-30-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CharlieC
8BYGOAT, anytime this topic comes up, all your do is **** and moan about FAST this, FAST that. When the LS7-102 was coming out, you were always quick to complain. It comes out, you're quiet as a mouse... I guess you'll ride the L92 intake complain train until it comes out as well.

S10 is right, if they don't have your money, why such a whiner? They have been a great company for the LS marketplace.

Charlie
Hello Charlie-first you need to research and get your **** correct. I have never said anything about the LS7 version coming out because it has no meaning to me. The only thing I said about it is that it is getting mediocre results. I also said that I thought it was funny that the L92/LS3 version had been talked about since late 07 and it still isn't out-someone starts a thread about an LS7 version and it's out in a matter of about 4 months.

Also the only reason why I came back into this worthless thread is because once again S10 says it was suppose to be April and that is incorrect information.

Maybe they "have been" a great company for the LS marketplace. But honestly I don't worry about past results-I worry about current results and future performance.

But I guess I am different than you-guess you sit on the couch with the rest of your buds and say-"yeah back when I was a blah blah blah blah I use to could".

Last edited by 8ByGoat; 08-30-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:06 AM
MASS seller approved

maybe they werent as happy with the results and are trying to get it to make the gains they want over the L76
Old 08-31-2009, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

8BYGOAT-This worthless thread. Then why did you come in? Just to smack talk over a computer. Pleas stop,I hate long-distance tough guys. I started this thread for info,then after it was gone it poped up again.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Summit says 9-18...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-146102/
Old 08-31-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mike c.
8BYGOAT-This worthless thread. Then why did you come in? Just to smack talk over a computer. Pleas stop,I hate long-distance tough guys. I started this thread for info,then after it was gone it poped up again.
You hate long distance tough guys-that's funny.

I stated above why I came into the thread but you obviously didn't read it. It was to correct incorrect information that was being posted.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WYATT318MOPAR
I hope they are right.....

Quick Reply: Any word on a F.A.ST Intake for the L92 heads yet?