Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Reduce the C.R for C6Z06 !! How ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduce the C.R for C6Z06 !! How ??

Hello guys,

I have 09' z06, I plan to supercharge it to have fun and most of vette guys said that the LS7 had high compression ratio so you need to reduce the C.R by have full Forged Shortblock. I see there no reason to have forged shortblock and spend alot of money " I DONT MEAN THAT I AM THE SMARTER" but i think if i change the oringinal pistons/Rods with forged and keep the stock crankshaft, that will be enough to reduce the C.R .

I could be wrong guys beacuse this is my first vette so i hope that you help me to spend reasonably money to kill the so-called ZR1 .. I decided to either SC or keep it stock ..

So What you think guys? I'm all ears to your Opinions/Suggestions .

Regards.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Larger CC heads will lower your compression ratio as will a thicker headgasket. You don't need to get new pistons just to lower it even though that is one way to do it.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Launching!

That is one way to lower the compression, but you should change the rings to handle the boost if you want to stay on a cheep budget. If you use the stock crank try not to go over 17 psi of boost much more than that it starts flexing the stock crank.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Engines
That is one way to lower the compression, but you should change the rings to handle the boost if you want to stay on a cheep budget. If you use the stock crank try not to go over 17 psi of boost much more than that it starts flexing the stock crank.
13 psi in enough to me..
Old 10-18-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Be advised that the combustion chamber of the ls7 head is already 72cc, and I strongly advise against thicker head gaskets, as u will loose "quench" and may even be more prone to detonation than if the stock gaskets were in place. Have u considered high comp/low boost for now? Honestly, for your boost level, bushed stock rods with Katech bolts and low comp. forged pistons with the PROPER ring gaps are the best way to go. Using a little meth, the LS7 will put OVER 700hp to the wheels boosted using a stock short block and high compression. And no, it won't go BOOM.......tune it fat and keep the detonation out of it (no beginner tuners here).
Old 10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would stick some low compression forged pistons in with steel top ring or hell fire rings and arp rod bolts and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Reduce the C.R for C6Z06 !! How ??